Uganda - Applying for a Transit Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The best way to acquire a transit visa is on arrival at the airport or port of Entry one has to do the following:-
- Reach the airport;
- Fill in the application form;
- Present all the necessary documents;
- Make payment; and
- Get a visa
- Valid Passport
- Confirmed required travel documents to next destination or a third destination
Office Locations & Contacts
- All Ugandan Embassies
- All Ugandan High commissions
- Consulate offices in a particular country of origin.
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Those who wish to pass through Uganda to another destination outside Uganda are usually required to have a Transit visa.
A collect an additional fee for verifying customer applications is charged usually 100,000/= Uganda shillings or USD $50
Valid for twenty four (24) hours
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This is usually processed in 30 minutes to one hour but Less than 12 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
- On arrival fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival
- Comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission on transit.
- A visitor pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder stay in the Uganda for the period granted in the Transit pass.
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs during their transt.
- Individual pass through Uganda should not overstay their transit pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted.
- An East African Tourist Visa is multiple entries Visa and shall be valid for 90 days.
- Dependents must also apply in their own right.
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- All individuals wish to pass through Uganda must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their transit in Uganda.
- Full name, address and contact details of applicant
- Sex and Age
- Purpose of Transit
- Details of third country
- Details of flight itinerary for departure.
Need for the Document
A transit visas is given to an individual for passing through the country to a destination outside that country. Validity of transit visas are usually limited by short terms such as several hours to 10 days depending on the size of the country and/or the circumstances of a particular transit itinerary.
Some visas can be granted on arrival or by prior application at the country's embassy or consulate, or through a private visa service specialized in the issuance of international travel documents.
These agencies are authorized by the foreign authority, embassy, or consulate to represent international travelers who are unable or unwilling to travel to the embassy and apply in person.
Information which might help
If there is no embassy or consulate in one's home country, then one would have to travel to a third country (or apply by post) and try to get a visa issued there.
The need or absence of need of a visa generally depends on the citizenship of the applicant, the intended duration of the stay, and the activities that the applicant may wish to undertake in the country he visits; these may delineate different formal categories of visas, with different issue conditions.
- Applicant should be continuing to a third country within twenty four (24) hours and you do not have to leave the airport;
- A transit visa can also be obtained a few days before traveling, but this means you have to go through the same process as someone applying for any other visa and this is done at any embassy, high commission or consulate office in ones country of origin, the requirements will vary basing on the embassy you visit;
- If going through the normal visa application process, one can obtain an application form from Uganda.embassyhomepage.com/Uganda.
- Access to a flight can be denied if one does not have all the required documents;
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.