Uganda - Applying for a Tourist Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The applicant should go to the either a Ugandan embassy in their country of origin and
- Submit current, valid, signed Passport.
- It must not expire within 6 months and must have at least 1 blank visa page.
- Submit two completed, signed Uganda Visa Application forms. They must be signed with blue ink and.
- Submit two recent, 2x2 Passport Photographs with the whites of your eyes visible and taken by a passport photographer. They must not be a digital or non-passport style photograph.
- Submit a computer-generated flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking agency or a copy of your ticket(s). It must indicate your name, date of arrival and departure from Uganda and flight information.
- Submit your original International Certificate of Vaccination showing inoculation against yellow fever.
- Pay visa fees at a designated bank and submit the receipt for issuance of a visa.
- Fully completed visa application form for Uganda and statutary declaration
- Passport size photographs
- Valid national passport and one copy
- Original of valid visa if you are national of another country and one copy
- Your latest bank statement and one copy
- Confirmation letter from your travel health insurance stating the coverage and one copy
- Reference letter from your employer or education establishment
- Proof of group travel/ hotel reservation in Uganda / airline ticket reservation for Uganda and one copy
- Visa fees for Ugandan visa
Office Locations & Contacts
Ugandan embassies in different countries
Directorate of citizenship and immigration control
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Passport Control office:
Entebbe Airport, Uganda,
PO Box 23, Entebbe, Uganda.
Entebbe International Airport:
Tel: +256 (0) 41 43530000
Entebbe Information Desk:
Tel: +256 (0) 41 4353000 Ext 3323 / 3233
Foreigners visiting relatives and/or friends or for purposes of tourism. Scientists, professors or researchers attending:
- technological or scientific conferences
Single entry (3months)--------$55.00
Multiple entry (6months)-----$105.00
- Single entry visas are valid for 3 months from date of arrival in Uganda.
- Multiple entry visas are valid for 6 months or 12 months from the date of arrival in Uganda
Documents to Use
You need 4 working days.
- Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the countrys exit /entry stations.
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- Every visitor will be required to carry a passport with validity beyond six months.
- All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival. The cards are available at the arrival lounge.
- Visitors should not overstay their visa validity otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action.
- Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala before expiry of the initial visitors pass.
- All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
- Type of visa required:
- Validity of visa:
- Purpose of your visit to Uganda
- Duration of stay in Uganda?
- Travel Dates:
- Marital Status
- Date /place/county of Birth
- Contact Details -Previous Applications
Need for the Document
Any foreigner entering Uganda for a tour is required to acquire a visas. A Ugandan tourist visa is issued for a limited time of leisure travel and no business activities allowed.
Information which might help
single tourist visa in East African Community Countries
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A tourist Visa can help you acquire information or guide to tourist sites in the country. It can help you get security during tours
More information which might help people.