Uganda - Applying for a Business Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The applicant should go to the either a Ugandan embassy in their country of origin and Submit current, valid, signed Passport.
- It must not expire within 6 months and must have at least 1 blank visa page.
- Submit two (2) completed, signed Uganda Visa Application forms. They must be signed with blue ink.
- Submit two (2) recent, 2x2 Passport Photographs with the whites of your eyes visible and taken by a passport photographer. They must not be a digital or non-passport style photograph.
- Submit a computer-generated flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking agency or a copy of your ticket(s). It must indicate your name, date of arrival and departure from Uganda and flight information.
- Submit your original International Certificate of Vaccination showing inoculation against yellow fever.
- submit a letter of invitation from the host company or sponsor in Uganda
- Submit a business Letter from employer or sponsoring company in the country of origin on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant's employment
- Pay visa fees at a designated bank and submit the receipt for issuance of a visa
- One dully filled Visa Application Form J.
- A passport issued by your government valid for at least six months. Your passport must also be valid past the date of your expected departure from Uganda. (Passport must be signed.)
- One completed Uganda visa application form.
- Two passport-size photo taken within the past six months.
- International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- Letter from applicants company if travelling for business (on company letterhead and signed by someone other than the applicant).Business letter
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Passport Control office: +256-414-342561
Legal Department: +256-414-232573
Immigration Department: +256-414-231641
Entebbe Airport, Uganda, PO Box 23, Entebbe, Uganda
Entebbe International Airport: Tel: +256 (0) 41 43530000
Entebbe Information Desk: Tel: +256 (0) 41 4353000 Ext 3323 / 3233
All Ugandan Embassies in different countries.
foreigners on business trips to Uganda.
- Single entry (3months)--------$50
- Multiple entry (6months)-----$100
- Single entry visas are valid for 3 months from date of arrival in Uganda.
- Multiple entry visas are valid for 6 months or 12 months from the date of arrival in Uganda
Documents to Use
Between 4 to 15 business days.
- Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or on arrival at the countrys exit /entry stations.
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- Every visitor will be required to carry a passport with validity beyond six months.
- All arriving visitors will be required to fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival. The cards are available at the arrival lounge.
- Visitors should not overstay their visa validity otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action.
- Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Kampala before expiry of the initial visitors pass.
- All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
- The business letter must also indicate who will be financially responsible for the applicant and must provide detailed contact information in Uganda.
Type of visa required
- Validity of visa
- Purpose of your visit to Uganda
- Duration of stay in Uganda?
- Travel Dates:
- Marital Status
- Date /place/county of Birth
- Contact Details -Previous Applications
Need for the Document
Any foreigner entering Uganda is required to acquire a visas. A Ugandan business visa is issued to those on business trips
Information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Business Visa can help in acquiring a work permit or special pass
More information which might help people.