Uganda - Applying for Animal Registration permit (local animal movement permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
“To and fro” permits to transport cattle may be issued for a period of three months only and may not be issued for cattle other than transport cattle except with the permission of a veterinary officer, and may not be used upon any route other than the one specified in the permit.
HOW TO APPLY
- Any person intending to transport the animals writes to the district veterinary officer requesting for inspection of the animals.
- Visit the area of operation District Veterinary officer with all the required documents and request for the application form Application for cattle export License
- Read through the application form carefully and fill it accurately and pay the recommended fees
- The district veterinary officer then schedules for inspection of the animals and animal products.
- Upon satisfaction the district veterinary officer then issues an animal registration permit
- Applicant should prove that he or she has resources and experience to engage satisfactorily in the business of a cattle trade.
- Filled application form
- Proof that the applicant has never been convicted of an offense under the Cattle Traders Act and the Animal Diseases Act.
- Identification document
Office Locations & Contacts
Contact the Ministry
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries
P.O Box 102, Entebbe Plot 16-18,
Lugard Avenue, Entebbe Uganda.
Tel: 041 4320004
- Traders in animals and animal products
- 1000 Uganda shillings
- Three months
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 3 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- No person may move or cause to be moved any cattle, sheep or goats into or out of a clean cattle area unless he or she is in possession of a valid movement permit issued by a veterinary officer.
- A movement permit issued under this rule shall specify—
- The route of entry into or exit from a clean cattle area;
- The preliminary measures required of the person in charge of cattle, sheep or goats to prevent the introduction or spread of tick-borne diseases of cattle; and
- The conditions, if any, to be observed on arrival in the clean cattle area.
- It shall be an offence to make false representations concerning the origin of any cattle or other animal when applying for a permit for entry into a clean cattle area.
- Name of person to whom permission to transport animals is granted
- Purpose for which the animals are transported
- Where the animals are transported from and their destination
- Number of days for transportation of the animals
- Period within which the animals will be slaughtered
Need for the Document
- The animal registration certificate grants permission to transport live animals and animal products across sub-counties and districts. The permit is issued by the district veterinary officers (DVOs) to confirm that the animals are not stolen and that they are in good health.
Information which might help
Movement of animals
- No person shall move from one Sub County to another any animal, carcass, hide or skin unless he or she is in possession of a permit issued in accordance with these Rules.
- Nothing in this rule shall apply to the daily movement of cattle for the purpose of grazing or watering in the proximity of the kraal in which the cattle are normally confined.
Cancellation of permit
- A permit may at any time be cancelled by any inspecting officer.
- In case of any outbreak of disease, inspecting officers shall cancel or alter all permits as may be necessary.
- A permit shall accompany all animals or carcasses while being moved and shall be produced on the demand of any inspecting or police officer or of any person in occupation of the land through which they are being moved.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Report of deaths of animals moved under permit.
- The person in charge of any animals moved under a permit shall report immediately any deaths among the animals moved, together with particulars of any carcasses disposed of on the journey, to the inspecting officer or sub county chief nearest to the place to which the animals are authorised to be moved.