Uganda - Applying for Animal Registration permit (local animal movement permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The person intending to transport the animals writes to the district veterinary officer requesting for inspection of the animals.
- The person fills a form for transporting animals from one district to another.
- The person then pays the required fees for inspection
- The district veterinary officer then schedules for inspection of the animals and animal products.
- Upon satisfaction the district veterinary officer then issues an animal registration pernit
- Identification document
- Proof of payment for the animals/authorization from the owner of the animals
- Application form for movement permit
Office Locations & Contacts
Livestock Health and Entomology
Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe
Tel: 256 41 320627/ 320376/ 320825
Fax: 256 41 321010/ 321047
Traders in animals and animal products
10,000 shillings per consignement
Documents to Use
Second schedule of the THE ANIMAL DISEASES ACT
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
1 to 3 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- The animal registration certificate is issued by the district Veterinary officer after inspecting the animals.
- The person transporting animals shall pay all the necessary fees before transporting the animals.
- The veterinary officer has the right to deny a certificate if the person transporting the animals does not fulfil all necessary requirements
- Name of person to whom permission to transport animals is granted
- Purpose for which the animals are transported
- Where the animals are transported from and their destination
- Number of days for transportation of the animals
- Period within which the animals will be slaughtered
Need for the Document
The animal registration certificate grants permission to transport live animals and animal products across sub-counties and districts. The permit is issued by the district veterinary officers (DVOs) to confirm that the animals are not stolen and that they are in good health.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.