Uganda - Apply to Join Uganda Peoples Defense Forces (UPDF)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A hand written application should be addressed to the Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs Human resource Department on the dates mentioned in the advert depending on applicant area of origin.You can also visit their website on the following Link Uganda Peoples Defence forces UPDF
- Pick the Application form from the Ministry Of Defence and Veteran Affairs Human resource Department, which should be ﬁlled in triplicate and submitted the same to the Ministry Of Defense and Veteran Affairs Human resources department.
- The application forms can also be obtained from the various recruitment centres across the country as indicated by the advert.
- The applications should bear the title as well as the Reference Number of the post applied for.
- Applicants should attach the following documents before submission
- Three recent passport size photos,
- Three sets of certiﬁed photocopies of their academic transcripts and
- Certiﬁcates and National identity card (ID).
- Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the ﬁrst and second choice against the post applied for.
- Applicants if subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present the following documents :-
- Certiﬁed copies and originals of the academic transcripts
- certiﬁcates at the time of sitting interviews.
- Your personal details (like full name, date of birth and address)
- Your education history and qualifications
- Your employment history
- Any convictions
- Your financial situation and any business interests
- Any tattoos you have
- Before joining the force , you will have to complete a medical and fitness test to make sure you've got the strength and endurance needed to be army officer of UPDF.
- Next, the applicant should not have been convicted of any criminal offence in any court of law.
- In addition, successful candidates must be prepared to undergo a Twelve (12) months of intensive training before deployment.
- Next, you’ll undergo robust background and security checks, involving searches on national and local information databases
- Once you’ve successfully completed all of the stages in the application process, you will now be in a position to report for further Training and the recruitment officers will give you all the details of everything you need to know about your potential training dates and next steps.
- All successful candidates are expected to report to any of the following Army Training Schools;-
- UMA Kabamba Military school
- JCSC Gadaffi Jinja
- Uganda Military Engeneering college
- Oliver Tembo Leadership School Kaweweta
- Armoured warfare Training school
- Non commissioned officer Academyfor the 12 months intensive Training Course.
- After successful training course at Army Training School, for a full year, you will now be allowed to Join Uganda Peoples Defense forces and you will be issued with all the necessary equipments including a new army Uniform.
- Handwritten applications
- Application forms 3(2008)
- Three photocopies of certificates/result slips.
- Three (03) recent passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of National citizenship identity card and ID of former school.
- Certificate of good conduct with no criminal record
- A letter of recommendation from L.C. I chairpersons of your villages
- Recommendation letter from L.C II and L.C III chairpersons of Districts of Origin.
- A reliable telephone contact of the applicant.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Scroll down to the bottom of the web page. The contact details are available.
Eligible candidates to meet the following requirements:
- MUST be a Ugandan citizen and must be in possession of an Original National Identity
- MUST be healthy and medically fit; ready to undergo medical and physical body check and a road run to test endurance and body fitness.
- Regular Recruits must be male and female adults between the age of 18-25 years and professionals between 18 and 30 years.
- MUST be single with no children.
- Regular recruits must possess a minimum formal education of S.4 (UCE) or S.6 in science subjects. Original certificates of recent three years back with a school IDs are a must.
- Degree/Diploma holders in medicine, chemistry, Engineering, teachers and vocational skills.
- Candidates must be of good conduct with no criminal record. Letters of recommendations from LC I, LC III, GISOs duly signed are a MUST, to confirm their conduct.
- All stages of the recruitment process are free of charge. Please do not pay any money to any one for any service during the recruitment exercise.
- The validity period is until retirement or dismissal from the force.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Maximum processing time 12 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Presentation of forged documents is criminal and culprits will be liable to prosecution.
- Effective recruitment into UPDF is subject to successful completion of the training.
- There is no retreat or surrender once you have joined the force.
- Proof list of Registration done upon arrival
- Name of the applicant
- Date of birth
- Education background
- Family background
- Physical and postal address
- District location
- Parish Location
Need for the Document
- The application gives the applicant an opportunity to be employed by the Ugandan government as Army officer
Information which might help
- let it be clear that recruitment into the UPDF is not an off-the hook job opportunity, but rather a patriotic calling to serve our country Uganda in a field that requires great sacrifice and determination from the very first day of recruitment to the last day of one’s service.
- Peace and Stability remain a fundamental prerequisite for socio-economic transformation for any country.
- The aims is to attract very composed and patriotic Ugandans ready to serve in regular, professional and specialized units. It is an opportunity for UPDF to fill gaps created by retirements and also tap skills of personnel with competencies in science subjects required in a modern army.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
The following are the recruitment centres across the country:
Lyantonde District (Lyantonde Centre): Candidates from Kyotera,Rakai
Masaka District HQs (Masaka Centre): Candidates from Masaka, Bukomansimbi, Kalangala, Kalungu, Lwengo.
Mukono Dristict Headquarters (Mukono Recruitment Centre): Candidates from Kayunga, Buikwe,Buvuma.
Jinja District, (Jinja Recruitment Centre): Candidates from Jinja ,Mayuge, Namayingo –
Kamuli District (Kamuli Recruitment Centre): Candidates from Kamuli , Kaliro, Buyende.
Wakiso (Wakiso Recruitment Centre): Candidates from Wakiso Kololo Recruitment Centre: Candidates from Kampala
Iganga District Headquarters: Candidates from Iganga, Bugweri, Bugiri, Namutumba, Luuka.
Tororo District Headquarters: Candidates from Tororo, Butaleja, Busia
Budaka District Headquarters: Candidates from Palisa, Budaka, Kibuku, Butaleja , Busia.
Soroti District Headquarters: Candidates from Soroti,Amuria ,Katakwi, serere, Kumi,Ngora kapelabyong
Mbale District Headquarters: Candidates from Mbale Sironko, Bulambuli, Bukedea,Bududa,Manafa and Namisindwa.
Kapchorwa District Headquarters: Candidates from Kapchorwa, Bukwo, kweeni.
Moroto District Headquarters : Candidates from Moroto,lusot,Napak, Nakapiripiti,Nabilatuk,Amudat.
Kotido District Headquarters: Candidates from Kotido,Kabongo, Karenga,Abim
Masindi District Headquarters: Candidates from Masindi, Kiryandongo, Bulisa
Apack District Headquarters: Candidate From Apack, Kwania Oyam,Kole.
Lira District Headquarters: Candidate from Lira, Dokolo Alebtong,Otuke,Amolatar
Pader District Headquarters: Candidate from Pader,Agago
Kitgum District Headquarters: Candidate from Kitgum,Lamwo.
Gulu District Headquarters: Candidates from Gulu,Amuru,Nwoya, omoro
Nebbi District Headquarters: Candidates From Nebbi,pakwach, Zombo