Uganda - Apply for register as a Voter
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An individual should go to a gazette area for voter registration in their ward or parish.
- The individual fills a voter registration form with the help of an electoral commission agent.
- The commission agent takes the applicants photo.
- After a certain period the electoral commission calls for issuing of voter cards
- Your identity document like work or student identity card,driver's licence, passport, etc
- Proof of physical address and postal address, with contact numbers.
- birth certificates
Office Locations & Contacts
Electoral Commission offices
P.O. Box 22678,
Website : http://www.ec.or.ug
Follow link for your nearest labour centre addresses http://www.services.gov.za/services/content/Home/ServicesForPeople/Theworldofwork/unemploymentinsurancefund/unemploymentbenifitsUIF/en_ZA#Location
Any person who is a citizen of Uganda and is eighteen years of age or above.
free of charge
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Between six months to one year
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Valid identity proof
- Proof of citizenship
Need for the Document
Voter registration establishes the eligibility of individuals to vote.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.