Uganda - Apply for continuing Legal Education Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The Certificate for continuing Legal education can be obtained from Uganda Law Society.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Uganda Law Society.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the Nursing Officer in charge of Nurse and Midwife council.
- Collect your Licence certificate from where your application was submitted within a day from the date the application was received at Uganda Law Society in case there is no rejection.
- An introduction letter from the Legal firm.
- Approval of chambers of the firm.
- Copy of law development center diploma certificates and degree
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Law Society
Phone: +256 414 342424
Physical Address: Plot 5A Acacia Avenue
Postal Address: P.O. Box 426 Kampala, Uganda
Email Address: [email protected]
Any Lawyer who is trained in and outside the country must be registered with the Uganda Law Society (ULS) if she/he is to excise Legal practice in Uganda.
- Renewal Fee: 20,000 Ugshs
- License Fee: 20,000 Ugshs
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full names of applicant
- Physical address
- Contact phone
- Organization/ company name
- Contact phone
- Contact email
- Postal address
- Male/ Female
- Enrolled Nurse/midwife.
- Registered Nurse
- Registration number.
- Year practicing as a Nurse/ Midwife.
- Date of application
- Duration of the program
- Accreditation Council
- Funding source.
- Course evaluation form
- Area of your practice
Need for the Document
- Purpose of the document is to enhance continuing Legal Education among Lawyers and to enforce annual membership
Information which might help
- The reason for this is that Uganda Law Society is not solely able to fund Continuing Legal Education, and gets a contribution from donors like the Justice, Law and Order Sector (JLOS).
- This contribution is however not usually on time, hence causing the postponement of some of the activities to a later date.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.