Uganda - Apply for change of Person in charge of Drug Shop during Licensing Period
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for change of person in charge of drug shop during licensing period, one has to contact the Council of Pharmaceutical society of Uganda offices in Uganda.
- To apply for change of person in charge of Drug shop, changeover forms must be filled and attached alongside the relevant documents indicated in the checklist.
- Fill up the appropriate application form attached with certificate of practice (COP) application form as described by the pharmaceutical society of Uganda.
- The applicant has to make sure he or she has all the required documents that are required for this process to be successful and they can be found under the "Required Documents" section of this page.
- Payment of appropriate fees should be made and that can be found under the "Fees" section of this page.
- Changeover fees shall be applicable when a drug shop staff changes place of practice during a practice year. Change from one practice year to the next shall not require any changeover fees.
- Applications shall be made through submission of a duly filled application form submitted by the Drug shop in charge. Each staff will be required to provide their specimen signature. This is to enable the secretariat authenticate any documentation coming from the said drug shop staff now and in future.
- The Application form must be accompanied by the names and qualifications of the changing Drug shop in charge or in charge before submission to the secretariat.
- Any change of Drug shop staff or in-charge during the course of the year should be communicated to the Secretary of Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda.
- The changing Drug shop staff or in charge should have a DIN (Database Identification number).This can be obtained through the Drug shop in charge undergoing registration with Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda and providing certified academic and professional documents.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the Pharmaceutical secretariat for further processing of the application.
- On completion of this process, the pharmaceutical society will, within 30 days of receipt of the application, issue to the applicant a permission to change a Drug shop staff or in-charge in the prescribed form upon being satisfied that the applicant:
- is duly registered or enrolled drug shop attendant.
- is not for the time being suspended from the drug practice.
- has complied with such other conditions as the pharmaceutical society may prescribe including fulfillment of the prescribed requirements for continuous professional and in ensuring a professional handover.
- Collect your permission letter from where your application was submitted within 30 days from the date the application was received at pharmaceutical secretariat in case there is no rejection.
- Dully filled application form for change of Drug shop Staff.
- Evidence of payment of charge fees.
- The qualifications of Drug shop staff.
- Certified copies of the academic certificates and transcripts.
- A recent passport size photograph.
- Workplace ID should be attached.
- Evidence that one of the director in the company is a pharmacist.
- Certified copy of the certificate of registration of the supervising pharmacist.
- Commitment letters from the supervising pharmacist and Drug shop staff.
- Certificate copy of a valid certificate of registration/enrollment with the relevant professional body for the Drug shop.
- For wholesale/retail Drug shop (veterinary) a copy of certificate of the qualified veterinary profession.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Drug Authority
Plot No. 19, Rumee Towers, Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096, Kampala, Uganda.
Fax :(256) 41-255758
Email: [email protected]
Website:National Drug Authority
Any Drug shop staff with data base identification number and interested in changing from one Drug shop to another during the licensing period, through the Council of Pharmaceutical society of Uganda is eligible for this permission Letter.
Permission Fee: 50,000 Ugshs.
Validity: Drug shop in charge is valid for a long time and must apply for permission to change of jobs again.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum time 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Application for change of person in charge of a Drug shop will be made to the National Drug Authority Management information system in writing by filling the form.
- During relocation or changeover a fresh application shall have to be made. Where the certificate is lost, the Pharmacist shall, in writing, inform the Council of the loss of the Certificate, stating the serial number and attaching a police letter. This should be done within 5 days of loss of the certificate.
- Name and qualifications of the professional Auxiliary staff.
- Workplace Identification card.
- Recent passport size photograph
- Educational background
- Job title
- Data Base identification Number (DIN Number)
- Qualification Certificate Number
- Exam Year
- Time to work
- Practice Areas
- Practitioners category
- Name of Professional Auxiliary Staff
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- Practitioners Pharmacist Registration Agency Examine Opinion
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Council encourages Pharmacists, drug shop in charge and their employers to formalize their terms of engagement by means of a written contract drawn by a qualified legal person clearly stipulating;
- The premises at which the work/services will be done
- The hours of work for the pharmacists or Drug shop attendant.
- The remuneration for the work including other non-monetary benefits as agreed.
- The roles and responsibilities of the pharmacist and the employer
- The terms of contract termination with notice periods clearly indicated
- Conflict resolution mechanisms and mediation parties to the conflict.
- Please note that PSU will not arbitrate in any case unless it is expressly provided for in the employment agreement.
- Drug shops are further encouraged to develop clear Drug shop management guidelines in order to institutionalize their operations.
- NB: PSU has developed a model contract for its members to use to guide them in their employment and is freely available on its website
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The Drug Shop business is regulated professional business under the National drug policy and Authority Act CAP 206 of the Laws of Uganda and regulation and certificate of suitability of premises.
- The Authority regulates the Practice of Pharmacy and the Manufacture and Trade in drugs and poisons.
- The Authority aims to implement the appropriate regulatory measures to achieve the highest standards of safety, efficacy and quality for all drugs, chemical substances and medical devices, locally manufactured, imported, exported, distributed, sold, or used, to ensure the protection of the consumer as envisaged by the laws regulating drugs in force in Uganda.
Functions of National Drug Authority Management information Service (NDAMIS)
- Product Registration
- Pharmacy Practice
- Manufacturing Services
More information which might help people.