Uganda - Apply for a Renovation Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a Renovation Permit, you will need to apply at your local municipality's building committee.
- The following documents must be submitted together with your Renovation permit application or notification of demolition:
- site plan
- cross-sectional diagrams
- new construction map
- faade drawings
- floor plans
- technical description
- inspection plan that clearly states what hazardous waste the renovation may give rise to and how it is to be handled
- Notification of the inspection manager.
- When you apply for a Renovation permit or submit a notification of renovation, you must pay a fee.
- The building committee in each municipality assesses applications for Renovation permits and receives notifications of renovation.
- In case the building committee is satisfied with documents and requirements submitted,a Renovation Permit will be issued.
- A completed application form that is obtained from the municipality town/city hall that has been stamped which is then signed by the property owner or the agent.
- A planning certificate
- A certificate of ownership issued less than six (6) months or an act of the Minister of areas in lieu thereof.
- A descriptive quote Quantities of work
- A ground plan construction to edit or modify (scale 1/200 or 1/500).
- A ground floor plan (Scale 1/10 or 1/5 000 000).
- Including implementation plans of the foundation plan, distribution, roofing, facades, cuts and structure are applicable at scales defined in the license application model to build an insert cup in the site
- A sanitation (Plan of septic tanks);
- The various details plans: plan for fences and swimming pools, details plans (cuts);
- Site photos vacuum with its surroundings;
- Parts or technical and financial provisions prescribed by the Planning Certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1-3 Sir Appolo Kaggwa Road
PO BOX 7010 Kampala, Uganda
+256 204 660000, +256 414 581294
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or You have to approach the municipality/Division/ town/city hall/town hall of your local municipal office of your area.
Any person of at least 18 years of age, partnerships and businesses can obtain this permit provided they satisfy all the eligibility criteria and application requirements.
Renovation permit 100,000Ugshs. (minor renovations)
- This permit allows a client to make minor repairs to an existing building
- (Major renovations) Renovation permit 200,000Ugshs.
Validity: Lasts for specified period
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum Processing Time: 2 Days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Plot no
- Block no
- Applicant’s name
- Telephone contact
- Applicant’s physical address
- Description of proposed demolitions works
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.