Uganda - Apply for a Hoarding and Scaffolding permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Hoarding is a temporary solid structure of solid construction, put up around the perimeter of construction sites to shield them from view and prevent unauthorized access.
- To put scaffolding or hoardings on, or next to, a highway you must apply in person to the director physical planning at the Local Authority offices located in the District, municipality or town council boards.
- To apply for a scaffolding or hoarding Permit You must apply for this permit at least three working days before you want to put up scaffolding or hoarding.
- Pick and fill the form as required by the Authority.
- Attach all the necessary documents before submitting to the Director physical planning.
- On the document a sketch must include footway and carriageway widths and details of any highway features which may be affected such as road markings, junctions and traffic lights.
- Show the proof of payments as indicated on the application form remember that the costs for each scaffolding or hoarding permit depends on how long the scaffolding or hoarding will be up: payments must be strict paid in the Bank and submit the pay slips from the Bank.
- You must wait for less than 2 days before a permit is released to you.
- If you put up scaffolding without a Permit, you have to pay penalty for every month you didn’t have the Licence.
- If you want to put up hoarding, you'll also need to pay for a site inspection.
- Application letter to the Director Physical Planning.
- document showing that Hoarding shall be painted green and 150mm white strips each corner
- document showing that Hoarding Shall be painted with dull colours preferably dark green, maroon or deep blue.
- Authority to be indemnified from all damages and /or losses to property and lives and the contractor/client shall individually and collectively be responsible for any such occurrence.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1-3 Sir Appolo Kaggwa Road
PO BOX 7010 Kampala, Uganda
+256 204 660000, +256 414 581294
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to approach the municipality Offices/Local Division/ town/city hall/town hall of your local municipal office of your area.
Any person, company or individual intending to construct a solid construction, and he /she is to put up a perimeter structure around the construction sites to shield public from view and prevent unauthorized access is Eligible for this permit.
- License Fee: Inspection fee - 118,000/= Ugx (Inclusive of 18,000/= VAT) Fees Charge
Validity: Lasts for construction period
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum Processing Time: 2 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- To prevent encroachment on public foot ways and ensure public safety. The Authority to Allows for erection of an enclosure to secure a construction site for public safety.
- The purpose of this permit is regulatory and the process of obtaining it is stipulated under the law.
- Applicant’s name:
- Applicant’s physical address:
- Telephone contact
- General description of proposed hoarding; corrugated (pre-painted) coloured iron sheets on treated poles.
- Period of time required for hoarding in months
- Length of hoarding in meters.
- Projection over public footpath in Width of footpath curb to plot boundary
- Height of hoarding in Material of hoarding
- Corrugated coloured iron sheet
- Description of supports
- Treated poles on concrete base
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.