Uganda - Apply for a Building Demolition Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Section 6 of Building Rules (part of the Public Health Act, Cap 269) states that every person who intends to erect or make any alterations or additions to a building to which the Building Rules relate shall give to the local authority notice in writing of his or her intention.
This certificate is required to demolish (or partially demolish), any building, structure or installation:
- To get a demolition certificate you must complete an application form.
- To obtain a Building Demolition permit, you have to get in touch with the town hall of your local municipal office of the area where the land is located.
- Make sure you have all the documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Submit the completed application form along with the documents in the Town physical plan's office.
- Within 15 days after submitting the application the Physical Planner will verify the application and documents supplied, after which the Name of the Requester, Address, Surface excluding Network and Destination of the Construction will be displayed in the town/city hall of notice.
- After, validating the application and discussion of the application with the review board building Committee the final decision will be notified by the Physical planner to the applicant.
The application must also specify the following listed:
- Actual conditions of use and occupancy of the building
- The surface of floors excluding net work
- The reasons for the proposed transaction
- The nature and extent of work required on partial demolition
- The technical measures of stability and security of the parties to maintain Neighborhood safety engineering measures.
- Application letter to the Director Physical Planning.
- Copy of approved drawings.
- Proof of land ownership.
- Proof of payment of inspection fee.
- Each work site must have an approved supervisor in attendance while demolition work is being carried out.
- Demonstrated experience, generally three years, relevant to the type of demolition Licence.
- An application form stamped and obtained from the city/town hall of the municipal office and completed by the applicant.
- The site plan.
- The ground plan of the buildings to demolish or preserve
Office Locations & Contacts
Kampala Capital City Authority
Plot 1-3 Sir Appolo Kaggwa Road
PO BOX 7010 Kampala, Uganda
+256 204 660000, +256 414 581294
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have to approach the municipality/Local Division/ town/city hall/town hall of your local municipal office of your area.
- People at least 18 years of age, partnerships and businesses can obtain a permit provided they satisfy all the eligibility criteria and application requirements.
- If you want to demolish a building or part of a building that does not require a building permit, normally you also do not need a demolition permit either, unless the municipality has decided otherwise.
- You must submit an application for a demolition permit even if only a small part of the building is to be demolished.
- Demolition permit fees 50,000/=
- Inspection fee of 50,000/= + VAT=59,000 Ugx
Validity: Lasts for specified period
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum Processing Time: 2 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Authority to erect or make alterations or additions to a building
- The application process for the Demolition Certificate is fairly efficient as it constitutes a single process for the Hoarding Permit, Occupation Permit and Renovation Certificate. However, the impression from practitioners is that the Demolition Certificate is not as frequently enforced as the Hoarding Permit and Building Permit.
- Application to obtain a demolition permit or notifications of demolition must be submitted to the local municipality. The municipality is also the supervisory authority.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Plot no
- Block no
- Applicant’s name
- Telephone contact
- Applicant’s physical address
- Description of proposed demolitions works
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.