Uganda - Apply for Visa on Arrival
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Reach the airport;
- Fill in the application form;
- Present all the necessary documents;
- Make payment; and
- Get a visa
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Any visitor to Uganda who is stranded due unforeseen exceptional circumstances like disruption in air transport while on transit,for an emergency situation or under any other conditions can apply for a visa on arrival.
Fees is USD 50
Validity of Visa is up to 30 to 90 days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The process takes about 30 minutes to an hour.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport/travel document with validity beyond one year.
- On arrival fill in arrival declaration cards on arrival
- Comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information.
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission.
- A visitor pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holder stay in the country for the period granted in the pass.
- Arriving visitors should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs.
- Visitors should not overstay their visitors pass otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action including prosecution and deportation.
- Engagement in employment on basis of visitors pass is strictly prohibited. Offenders will be prosecuted.
- An East African Tourist Visa is multiple entries Visa and shall be valid for 90 days.
- Dependents must also apply in their own right.
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- All visitors must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
- Full name, address and contact details of applicant
- Sex and Age
- Purpose of visit
- Details of host
- Place of residence while in the country.
Need for the Document
On-arrival visa (also known as Visa On Arrival, VOA), granted at a port of entry. This is distinct from not requiring a visa at all, as the visitor must still obtain the visa before they can even try to pass through immigration.
Nearly every country can now issue a visa (or another document to the same effect) on arrival to a visitor arriving in unforeseen exceptional circumstances, for example
Under provisions of article 35 of the Visa Code, a visa may be issued at border in situations such as diversion of a flight causing an air passenger in transit to pass through two or more airports instead of one.
When in 2010 eruptions of Eyjafjallajkull volcano in Iceland caused disruption of air travel throughout Europe, the EU also announced it would issue visas at land borders to stranded travelers.
Under section 212(d)(4) of the Immigration and Naturalization Act, visa waivers can be issued to travelers arriving at ports of entry in emergency situations or under other conditions.
Certain international airports in different countries have consuls on-duty, who have the power to issue visas on the spot.
Some countries issue visas on arrival to special categories of travelers, such as seafarers or air crew.
Information which might help
Some countries issue them to regular visitors; however, there often are restrictions, for example:
Uganda issues visas on arrival in Entebbe international airport only to nationals of countries where there is no consular representation like Pakistan.
Thailand only issues visas on arrival at certain border checkpoints. The most notable crossing where visas on arrival are not issued is the Padang Besar checkpoint for passenger trains between Malaysia and Thailand.
Russia issues visas on arrival for short visits to its Western exclave, Kaliningrad oblast.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.