Uganda - Apply for Transfer of Vehicle ownership in absence of previous owner
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Transferring absentee motor vehicle, also known as the transferring of a vehicle in absence of the previous owner through Uganda Revenue Authority (URA). The previous motor owner is the one who is in the vehicle logbook and it so happens that some people end up missing after selling cars with every fruit to trace them yielding no results sometimes as a result of death or even missing with no clue. In such a case, the Uganda laws authorizes the person who bought the vehicle lastly with all proofs to go on and transfer the motor car/cycle into his or her names but only after fulfilling certain procedures
HOW TO APPLY
- Go to the commissioner for oaths, and inquire about swearing an Affidavit and do as guided
- You should then get the sworn in duly embossed Affidavit before the commissioner for oaths and present it to the licencing authority
- The same should be accompanied by the copy of a Public Notice ran in the daily newspaper declaring their intension to transfer the motor vehicle and calling on the registered owner to declare their objection if any to the High court within 2 weeks
- You should as well take a court order instructing the licence officer to transfer the vehicle to your name
- As the applicant you should present yourself with their original identification documents to the licencing authority
- You should additionally take with you the original registration book with the transfer form (old form 3) that were issued by the original owner in case they are all available
- You should be willing to avail the vehicle to the licensing authority officer for inspection
- You should present a paid up assessment which they should have picked from the licensing office
- Having complete all the above the licensing officer will then process and issue a new registration book in the names of the current owner.
- Identification documents
- Old log book
- Affidavit letter
- a court order instructing the Licensing Officer to transfer the vehicle to their names
- a copy of public notice ran in the daily newspapers declaring their intention to transfer the motor vehicle
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279,
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
- The available person who bought the vehicle lastly with all proof. It applies where the previous vehicle owner is absent.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- One has to go to the Commissioner for Oaths to obtain an affidavit. Then proceed to Uganda Revenue Authority with the required documents
- Full names
- phone number
- physical address
- model of vehicle.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.