Uganda - Apply for Tea Manufacturing License.
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for a tea manufacturing licence shall be made in writing to the Minister and shall be accompanied by the prescribed particulars or form B, where no particulars have been prescribed, by such particulars as the Minister thinks necessary.
- Dully filled form B should be accompanied by the required documents.
- The Development agency shall ensure that sufficient document submitted by the applicant comply with good manufacturing practices and national standards on quality, food safety and hygiene.
- The Agency shall also ensure that the proposed factory is of a design suitable for the manufacture of tea.
- A permit to erect a factory for the manufacturing of tea, may be issued by the Minister in his or her discretion. If he or she has received the application which is sufficient to satisfy him or her that the proposed factory is of a design suitable for the manufacture of tea.
- Before granting any registration, Board checks that tea manufacturing licence—
- is in the prescribed form or, where no form has been prescribed, the minister shall determine the form and the conditions.
- that the applicant is not a director of a company having a direct commercial relationship with the tea factory that they intend to offer management services to;
- that the applicant has the necessary management capacity to carry on tea manufacturing business for which the license is required;
- that the applicant has the necessary educational, professional qualifications and management capacity to carry on the business of tea management agent and that at least one (1) director and one (1) employee who is the Chief Executive Officer of the applicant company has at least five (5) years of proven experience at senior management level; and
- A firm applying for registration as a management agent shall attach a letter of support from the respective producers stating that they are satisfied that the applicant has sufficient capacity to offer the services being applied for.
- Once your application is approved you will receive communication to proceed to pay the required fees and payment details. The fee is payable only after the registration has been vetted and approved by the Board.
- Proceed to make the payment for registration. The amount of fees to be paid can be found under the "Fees" section of this page, the amount will also be sent to your email address.
- Once the proof of payment is verified a copy of the tea Manufacturing Licence shall be granted within 30 days after submitting the application and required documents.
- Audited Accounts from Registered External Auditors
- Certificate of Company Incorporation (Valid Copy to be attached)
- Directors National Identity Cards/ Passport ( To attach Copies)
- Environmental Impact Assessment from NEMA.
- Factory Trade Mark ( Mark under which tea is sold at the auction)
- Names and the Particulars of Directors (Valid/ stamped details to be attached)
- Project feasibility report detailing: Source of green leaf, Tea products to manufacture, Source of wood-fuel energy
- Receipt/Bankers Cheque/Payment advice
- National Drug Authority (Food Hygiene Regulations) Licence from the Public Health Department (Valid Copy to be attached)
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Tea Development Agency
Address:Plot 821, Rubaga Road
Post Office:P . O . Box 6204, Kampala,Uganda.
Tel:+256 414 343 633
Tel:+256 414 343 634
Tel:+256 312 266 116
Email:[email protected] (For Administrative Matters and General Information)
Email:[email protected] (For Sales and Marketing Matters).
Uganda Tea Association
Equator Isle Building, Opposite Wavah Water Building,
1st Floor, Lugogo Show Ground., Kampala, Uganda.
Postal Address: P.O. Box 4161, Kampala,Uganda
Tel: +256 (414) – 576498
Tel: +256 772 627 290
E-mail: [email protected]
Website:Uganda Tea Association.
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry & Fisheries (MAAIF)
Berkely Lane, Entebbe
P. O. Box 102, Entebbe – Uganda
Tel:Fisheries Resources - +256 (0)414 321 302
Tel:Animal Resources - +256 (0)414 320 064
Tel:Crop Resources - +256 (0)414 323 239
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Any person, co-operative society, marketing board or company wishing to engage in the Tea Business as a Tea Management Agent.
- Licence fee Ugsh 2,000,000
- The fee is payable only after the registration has been vetted and approved. Please do not apply a payment until you are requested to do so.
The license is valid for a period of one year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Republic of Uganda
Application for a Tea Manufacturing Licence.
The Uganda Tea Authority Act.
Our Ref. _______________
Your Ref. _______________
To:The Hon. Minister
Ministry Responsible for Agriculture and Forestry
P.O. Box 31 entebbe
Thru: The General Manager
Uganda Tea Authority
P.O. Box 4161 Kampala
Re: Application for a tea manufacturing licence.
We were issued with Permit No. __________________, dated the ______day of _______________, 20 ____, to erect a tea factory. The construction of the factory is now complete and all the necessary machines and equipment for tea processing have been installed.
We apply for a tea manufacturing licence. Your favourable response to our application will be much appreciated.
Maximum processing time 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Applicant details (Name of the applicant
- Email address
- TAX PIN number
- Mobile number)
- Organization details
- Organization Name
- Mobile number
- Physical address
- Postal Address
- TAX PIN number
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Nature of business
- Services provided
Need for the Document
- This registration allows an institution to engage as a tea management agent in Uganda. One cannot operate as a Tea Management Agent in Uganda unless they are registered by the Tea Development Agency (TDA)
- A Tea Management Agent is any person, co-operative society, marketing board or company established under any written law, that is appointed through a specific management contract or agreement by another person or company to perform or offer professional services in specific functions of production, processing or marketing of tea but does not include a buyer, broker or packer of tea.
Information which might help
- The licensing authority shall issue licenses to applicants subject to such lawful conditions as the authority may determine.
- Every license shall specify the premises upon which the business specified in the license may be carried on.
- Licenses issued shall remain in force until the 30th of June next following the date of issue, unless earlier cancelled.
- There shall be fees payable for the issue of licenses under the Act. Such fees are as the licensing authority may prescribe.
- The total fees charged will depend on the turnover of the dealer and shall not overburden small scale dealers and the cumulative total of all levies and fees payable shall in any event not exceed 10% of the gate value of the agricultural or aquatic product.
- The licensing authority shall, at least thirty days before granting a license, give notice of the proposed grant in the Gazette and in such other manner as the authority may determine.
- The licensing authority may after considering the objections, if any, grant the license applied for, subject to such terms and conditions specified
- The issuance of a license to an applicant under the Act shall not be withheld without reasonable cause.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.