Uganda - Apply for Survivor Benefits
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Pension fund application shall be submitted NOT earlier than 60 days from Member’s date of death
- To apply for survivor benefits the claimant should complete the relevant application form and submit it (in person) to his/her nearest branch office. Applications forms are available online and in all NSSF branch offices.
- Qualifying members shall apply for benefits at the nearest NSSF office. Members may be required to provide further evidence.
- In order to avoid inconveniences, a claimant is obliged to provide full proof of identity and where necessary, an investigation to this effect shall be conducted by the fund.
- After filling in the application form the applicant/claimant should approach their local administration (i.e., the administration in your home district) to endorse Application for Survivors benefits Pension/ Provident Fund form of your application. The local administration include the Chief administration officer/Deputy CAO.
- Submit the completed application form together with the required documents (in person) to your nearest NSSF office.
- The NSSF officials will process your application and will remit your survivor benefits to your bank account.
- Certified copy of the marriage certificate or other evidence of marriage in case the deceased was married.
- Current passport size photograph of the claimant
- Copy of the claimant’s valid Personal Identification e.g. National Identity Card/Driving Permit/Passport/Financial Card/ Employer Identity Card.
- Alien registration card OR Work permit of the deceased,for Non- Ugandans.
- Proof of the claimant’s bank account details e.g. Bank slip,1 page of a Bank Statement,Bank letter confirming bank details.
- Death Certificate of the member from National Identification and Registration Authority(NIRA).
- Introduction letter from the employer of the deceased member OR Introduction letter from the LC.
- Baptism Certificates for Children and Marriage Certificate or customary marriage letter for spouse-for claimants not registered/updated by the deceased member and for new re-registrations.
- Map or directions to the Ancestral home/burial site.
- Certified copies of petition to the letters of Administration and the Letters of Administration OR certified copies of the Will of Deceased and Grant of probate-for benefits claims of UGX 5M and above.
- News Paper Gazette for benefits claims of UGX 5million and above.
- Certificate of No Objection to the claimant for obtaining letters of administration for claims with an estate value above UGX 50M.
Note: Present original documents when submitting claim for comparison with copies.
Office Locations & Contacts
National Social Security Fund(NSSF)
Plot 1 Pilkington Road,
Workers House, 14th Floor
P.O Box 7140, Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 313-331-755.
Toll free: 0800 286 773.
Email: [email protected]
Website:National Social Security Fund.
Following list is the Order of Eligibility:
- Husband/wife(s) and
- Minor children below 18 years (old fund)
- Children below 25 years of age (new fund)
- Minor children or those below 25yrs and are certified to be suffering from mental incapacity shall be paid through guardians.
Second – All Children.
- Where both parents are deceased (Minor Children will be paid through the guardian)
Third – Both parents.
- Where the deceased member was NOT married, and had no children
Fourth – Brother/Sister.
- Where a deceased was NOT married, had no children and both parents are deceased.
Fifth – Grand parents
Sixth -Others/next of kin
- Any other applicant must prove dependency and shall submit a confirmed Grant letter of administration in respect to deceased member’s Benefits.
This application is processed free of charge.
Courses offered at these Centres ranges from one to six weeks.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This process takes an approximate of three months to complete.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Claimants shall be required to fill all relevant forms accurately.
- Claimants are advised to submit the claim in person to the nearest office.
- All the processing of benefits is done at the NSSF offices.
- Benefit forms must be witnessed by the claimant's last contributing employer.
- Pension fund application shall be submitted NOT earlier than 60 days from Member’s date of death.
How to apply:
- Complete the Application for Survivor’s Benefit Form
- Get your local administration (i.e., the administration in your home district) to endorse on the form of your application
- Submit the completed application form + the required documents (in person) to your nearest NSSF office
- Particulars of deceased member(Name,Member Number,ID Number)
- Home Particulars (Nationality,County,District,Location , Sub-Location)
- Details of employment
- Particulars of claimants (Full names, Age , ID card number , Address and telephone , relationship to deceased)
- Present home particulars
- Thumbprint of claimant(s)
- Confirmation by chief Administrator /deputy CAO.of the home district of deceased.
Need for the Document
- This benefit is paid to: This benefit is payable to the survivor(s)/dependents(s) relative(s) of a deceased member.
- The dependents relatives qualify for this benefit in the following order:
- The husband/wife of the deceased member.
- All children irrespective of age or gender (if the husband/wife of the deceased member is also deceased, or if the deceased member was a single parent).
- The parents of the deceased (if the deceased member was not married and had no children)
- Sisters/brothers of the deceased (if the deceased was single, had no children, and both parents are deceased)
- The guardian to the children of the deceased member (where both the parents are deceased and all the deceased members’ children are minors)
- An applicant who has letters of administration (where all dependents are exhausted)
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- Any person who fails to disclose or misrepresents any material fact whether or not such non-disclosure or misrepresentation is fraudulent and receives any benefits he is not entitled to receive as a consequence of the non-disclosure or misrepresentation is liable to repay the Benefits within 21 days.