Uganda - Apply for Surface Water Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application for obtaining a surface water Permit can be obtained from the Directorate of water Resources under the Ministry of Water and Environment.
- Make sure you have the required documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the following address location where the completed application forms along with the documents have to be submitted.
- Ministry of Water and Environment:
- Directorate of Water Resources Management
- P.O. Box 20026 Kampala, Uganda.
- Physical Address: Plot 12 Mpigi Road, Entebbe
- Ministry of Water and Environment:
- A letter of license application addressed to the Director General of the directorate of Water resources Management specifying the type of license that is required.
- Certificate of Company
- A receipt of the application fees
- Copy of certified Statute in case of a cooperative society.
- The source of water to be diverted, stored or used:
- Environmental Impact Assessment Certificate (if applicable)
- Health and Safety Policy
- Copies of all relevant contracts, agreements, permits or Memorandum of understanding (if any) with stakeholders you work or intend to work with
- Location of land where works and use of water will occur: (if applicable)
- Annual Report (if applicable).
- Provide a Certified Audited Accounts (if applicable)
- Land Agreement (if applicable)
- Name of Individual/Association/Company Public Authority
- Tax clearance Certificate issued by the URA
- Clearance Certificate issued by the URSSB
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Water and Environment
Directorate of Water Resources Management
P.O. Box 20026 Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 – 414 - 699486
Physical Address: Plot 12 Mpigi Road, Entebbe
Postal Address: P.O. Box 19 Entebbe.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Website:Ministry of water and environment
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- A permit from the Directorate of Water Resources Management is required for private property construction, alteration or repair work on buildings within the City.
- Individual/Association/Company/Public Authority, corporate engaged in the business of surface water wells.
Licence fees: 1,000,000
Valid for 1 years
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 3 months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Common name of the source of water: _
- Specific point where the water will be diverted, stored or used.
- Side of the water uptake (when applicable):
- Right Bank Left Bank District where the water uptake is located (when applicable):
- Attach a topographic map I:50,000, indicating location of the intake works)
- Use or proposed use of water
- Details of any other structures such as siphons, flumes, Tunnels
- Details of the pump to be connected to driving machine
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.