Uganda - Apply for Student Loan
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- You can access a Printout Hardcopy of the loan application in any one of the following areas,
- Centenary Bank (any branch around the Country).
- Download and printout the application from ILMIS website by self.
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill the information in the following sections;
- Personal details
- Parent’s details
- Admission & Loan details
- Applicant's checklist
- Recommendations & Payment
- Having filled in all the mandatory information in all the application's sections, you will then attach or accompany the Application with copies of the required documents.
- You will take this printout loan Application to these personnel’s mentioned on the form for recommendations, signatures and stamping which include;
- Local Council 1
- Head teacher of previous School/Institution attended
- Sub County Chief/Town Clerk)
- And once he/she finishes the filling in of the printout Loan Application, the Applicant has to go to the Bank (any Centenary Bank branch), and pays fees which has been pre-defined by HESFB and receives the payment acknowledgement or payment slip from the bank.
- You will then submit the complete and filled loan Application accompanied with the payment acknowledgement or payment slip from the bank to HESFB's contact person in the Bank.
- And finally the bank's contact person will also submit the Applications accompanied with the payment acknowledgement or payment slip from the bank to HESFB.
- Visit the Integrate Loan Management Information System website portal Apply online
- If you have a registered account you can log in and access the application form, if not you can register one
- Click on Register and create an account in the ILMIS system with the basic self-information (Names, Email, Mobile No, and Password). You will successfully register, once all the mandatory information has been given and an email will be sent to you
- Read through the instruction carefully and fill the application form accurately and save
- Upload all the required scanned documents, verify all the information are in order and then click “submit”
- On click of the submit button, a Report will be generated; containing the information that has been filled in by the Applicant. This is the partial submission in the ILMIS system. (I.e.Applicant has not yet made the bank payment)
- You will then printout this Report and submit it to these personnel’s (Local Council 1, Head teacher of previous School/Institution attended, Sub County Chief/Town Clerk) mentioned on the form for recommendations, signatures and stamping.
- And once he/she finishes the filling in of the Report, the Applicant has to go to the Bank (any Centenary Bank branch), and pays fees which has been pre-defined by HESFB and receives the payment acknowledgement or payment slip from the bank.
- You will then scans and upload both the recommendations form and the payment slip and submit it in the system. This is the final submission. Then the application will be availed to HESFB.
- 3 colored pass port size photographs
- Acceptable valid form of Identification which can be (National ID, Passport, Driver’s License, Voter’s Card, School ID, NSSF Card).
- Bank slip confirming payment of the Application fee
- Academic Certificates / pass slips
- Birth Certificate
- Admission letter to Higher Education Institute (HEI)
- CRB / Financial Card [mandatory]
- Sketch map to applicant’s home of origin.
Office Locations & Contacts
Official HESFB Address:
All Inquiries should be addressed to:-
The Executive Director
The Higher Education Students' Financing Board,
Plot 1 Lourdel Road, Lourdel Towers 7th Floor, Nakasero,
P. O. Box 16810, Wandegeya-Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 414 255300
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (or) email@example.com
An applicant shall be considered for funding on condition that:
- They have an admission to accredited program me/courses from a chartered University or listed Higher Education Institution.
- They are citizens of Uganda.
- They have passed the Means Test.
- In person (offline) application ugx 50,000
- Online application ugx 52,000
- This varies basing on the duration of course of applicant.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The time shall vary as indicated in different adverts.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Applicants must be Ugandan students ONLY.
- Applicants must be admitted to an accredited Higher Educational Institution.
- Make a written application to the Students Loan Scheme
- Submission of application should be within a specified timeframe.
- Students should apply before commencement date to allow ample time for processing.
- Successful loan applicants shall be required to sign the loan agreement.
- Re- paying of loan shall be at least one (1) year after completion education
- Full name of applicant
- Sex, Age and marital status
- Education background
- Details of enrolling institution
- Details of applicants course to studied at the institution mentioned above
- Duration of course
- Commencement and end dates of study;
- Amount of tuition and other required payment;
- Bankers of the enrolling institution.
Need for the Document
- The government student/education loan in Uganda was established to ensure equal opportunities for all Ugandans to attain higher education
Information which might help
- Prior to acquisition of loan, all the beneficiaries shall be sensitized on the financial implication of taking a loan and their obligation as loan beneficiaries
- It is important to note that the Loan has an approved interest rate.
- For the start, the loan shall benefit 1,000 students admitted under Science related programs in both Public and Private Universities.
- An issued student loan card shall containing the name of beneficiary, a photograph and a student loan identification number
- The reason for submission of application to deans of Students is to ensure limited congestion at the offices of.
- In future application forms will be downloaded from either the Students Loan Scheme Boards website
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.