Uganda - Apply for Security Bonds Management
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a license or permit for bonded warehouse in Uganda, the applicant has to contact the Uganda Revenue Authority and submit a the Application form as prescribed by the Authorities .
- The Minister may appoint, by notice in the Gazette, any building to be a Government bonded ware-house for the warehousing of goods generally.
- The Minister may refuse to appoint any building as a bonded warehouse and may, at any time, revoke any appointment which has been made.
- The applicant should submit the copy of the certificate given by the Local Municipality office to the National building review board.
- If a company submits the form, the position of the individual submitting the form should be specified and the form should have the company stamp. This individual should be a director of the company.
- While submitting the application form, please make sure you have attached all the appropriate documents that are listed under the Required Documents section of this page
- Any person who uses a building or permits it to be used as a bonded warehouse without such building having been appointed as a bonded warehouse under this section, commits an offence and shall on summary conviction therefor be liable to a fine of one thousand dollars.
- Customs agency license.
- Application on the company letter head.
- Permission letter from customs.
- Bond instrument.
- Stamp duty certificate.
- The agent must secure the bond document from the insurance company or their bankers.
- The bond is executed and approved by URA Customs.
- All bonds must be submitted to the Customs department- Trade division, Legal and Bonds office, Crested Towers 8th floor for approval.
- Shareholders, Directors and employees must not have an interest in more than one clearing and forwarding company/firm
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority Headquarters:
Plot M193/M194, Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Kampala, Uganda.
Phone: +256 414744000, 0800117000 (toll free)
Email: [email protected]
Website: Uganda Revenue Authority
Other offices: Kampala South located at Old Kampala Mosque,
Kampala North located in Bwaise (Mulago Kalerwe Round about).
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042<br
- Any person of 18 years is eligible to make an application for security bonds management.
- License Fee: Stamp duty - 0.5% of the value of the bond
- Application Fees: Nil
- Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Maximum Processing Time: 2 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- No warehousing business shall be carried on in an appointed bonded warehouse except by a warehouse keeper licensed under the ordinance.
- Name of the applicant.
- Postal Address
- Signature of employer
- Registered Address
- Plot No
- Telephone No.
- Name of surety
Need for the Document
- To manage bond securities which are executed for the protection of the customs revenue and for the due compliance with the provisions of the EAC-CMA and Regulations
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.