Uganda - Apply for Replacement of lost or destroyed Money lenders Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Report to the nearest police post administration within 24 hours and receive a Statement/Affidavit from the police stating how the licence got lost or damaged.
- Then Visit the Uganda Microfinance regulatory Authority with the reference number and Statement/Affidavit from the police stating how the licence got lost or damaged.
- You will be allowed to Pick a form, apply to Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority for the replacement of a licence where the licence is lost, destroyed, obliterated or defaced.
- Fill the specified form with the complete information. It must be typewritten or computerized and must be signed and stamped by the Authority.
- The application should be accompanied by evidence of payment of the fee prescribed by the Authority.
- Once the Authority is satisfied that a licence has been lost, destroyed, obliterated or defaced, the Authority shall issue a licence to replace the lost, destroyed, obliterated or defaced licence.
Required documents to apply for replacement of Money Lender’s Licence.
- Valid identification Card.
- Copy of the lost Money Lender’s Licence, if available
- 2 recent colour photos (4 x 6 cm in size)
- Statement/Affidavit from the police stating how the licence got lost or damaged.
- Copy of the lost Licence (if available).
- Cover letter to the regional district office.
- If one is a director, a fellow director should write the letter for you confirming that you still work with them in the company.
- Both letters must include the physical address and contact numbers.
- A letter confirming that they are still employed by the money lending business.
- Duplicate form (Form no.7)
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority(UMRA)
Ruwenzori Towers Block B Ground Floor
P.O.Box x 11545, Kampala Uganda.
Plot 6 Nakasero Road
Tel: +256 417 799 700
Fax: + 256 414 230 163
Website:- Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority
Money Lender who has lost their Licence.
Application for replacement of license Ugshs. 50,000.
The validity is 1 year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
You will receive your Money Lender’s Licence within 30 working days after the date of application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- This Licence shall expire on the 31st December of every year.
- This Licence is not transferable.
- The Licensee shall not carry on the money lending business under more than one name.
- Licensee shall surrender the licence where requested by the Authority.
- Uganda Microfinance regulatory Authority is in charge of issuing Money Lenders licence.
- Completed Form
- Corporate Tax Clearance Certificate (original to be presented for sighting)
- Current Tax Clearance certificate of money lender business (original to be presented)
- Tax Returns for the previous years preceding the date of approval.
- Certificate Current Audited Accounts
- Annual income tax Clearance certificate of money Lenders (original to be presented).
- Photograph and copy of any identification.
- Name of Authorized Licensing Officer.
- Mailing Address
- Telephone No.
- Business Location: Name of Building/Place
- Declaration form
- Copy of annual return
Need for the Document
- A Money Lender’s Licence is a document giving its holder permission to lend money in a country.
Information which might help
Lost, damaged or destroyed collateral.
- Where a money lender takes possession of collateral under a money lending agreement, he or she is under a duty to exercise the same care and diligence over the collateral in his or her custody as would a prudent owner do with the property.
- Where a collateral in possession of a money lender is lost, damaged or destroyed, the money lender shall be liable to pay the value of the collateral, or the replacement value of the collateral, after deducting the amount of the principal and interest if any, outstanding ,within a reasonable time.
- Where a money lender fails to pay the value of the collateral, or the replacement cost of the value of that collateral within a reasonable time, the borrower may require the money lender to pay compensation for any loss suffered as result in addition to the value of the collateral.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.