Uganda - Apply for Replacement of Damaged or Mutilated Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Write an explanation letter addressed to the passport control officer explaining the circumstances under which passport was damaged/mutilated.
- Obtain Application form G from the passport office or download it via this link Application form Gand fill it with the correct information.
- Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for Ordinary Passports and UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee making the total of UGX400,000), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000.Pay an additional fees of UGX 100,000 for you damaged passport.
- Fill all the prepared documents including those mentioned in “required documents” below, in a manila file folder and visit the ministry of internal affairs or any passport control office or regional immigration office in your location.
- At the office present your documents in the manila file to the passport control officer at the passport section.
- The officer will verify the information you have presented and present you application for processing.
- After ten working days, return to the passport office to collect your new passport
- Application from abroad are made at any of the Ugandan embassies and consulate, call them in advance and book an appointment for you application.
Please follow the steps below to make an online passport application.
- Step 1. Navigate to the passport portalpassport Portal
- Step 2. Click the Start New Application link to start a new application.
- Step 3. Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
- Step 4. Answer simple security questions.
- Step 5: Complete the passport application form.
- Step 6: Print Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
- Step 7: Make payments for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method.
- Step 8: Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the Schedule Appointment link on the home page.Appointment link
- Step 9: Print Passport Application Appointment Form.
- Step 10: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the following requirements/Documents:
- An online pre-filled passport application form and three invoices.
- An affidavit of the circumstances surrounding the mutilation or damage of the passport.
- A police report on the mutilation or loss of the passport. i.e. Police abstract.
- Letter explaining how you passport got to extend of being damaged or mutilated.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card and photocopy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommenders ID card copy.
- Parents National ID cards copies or Death Certificate if deceased.
- a written explanation to Passport Control Officer, explaining the circumstances under which passport was damaged / mutilated.
- Present the original damaged passport.
- A payment receipt issued after payment from the bank.
- Step 11: After lodging the application the passport will be ready for collection at the Directorate of citizenship and immigration offices or at Ugandan Missions abroad after 10 working days.
- Step 12:You are required to bring proof of identification when collecting the passport. You can also track the application progress through your online account using the Application ID. You will be contacted through text and/or email when to collect your passport.
- Written explanation letter for circumstances under which passport was damaged /mutilated.
- Filled Form G
- 3 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Identification documents.
- Present damaged passport.
- Attach payment receipt issued after payment from the bank.
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
All embassies and Consulates
- All Ugandan passport holders who’s passport have been damaged
Fees are as follows
- Ordinary passport cost 250,000 shs
- Express service at 150,000 shs
- Official/service passport cost 400,000 shs
- Diplomatic passport cost 500,000 shs
- Certification of passports 30,000 shs
- Courier service for applicants abroad 10,000 shs
- Additional fees of 100,000 shs for you damaged passport
- 10 years
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- 10 working Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Applications must be made personally, applications made from middlemen will not be accepted unless its application is for a minor which will be made by the parents of responsible authority.
- Applicant’s details
- Residential Address
- Details of Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Next of Kin Contacts
Need for the Document
- Passports are required when want to make international travels and applications travel visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports can be used to prove identity
More information which might help people.