Uganda - Apply for Rental Vehicle/Airport Taxi (Class R) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Download and fill in application form TR. V Form 7 from this link check at the end of documentor pick them from any TLB offices in Kampala, Mbarara, Fort Portal or Mbale.
- Present vehicle for inspection at SGS Motor Vehicle Inspection Centres in Kawanda (Luwero Road), Nabingo (Masaka Road), Namulanda (Entebbe Road), Namanve (Jinja Road), upcountry centres in Mbarara, Mbale and Gulu and any mobile station located in different places from time to time.
- If vehicle passes the test and is fit for use as a Rental/Airport Taxi,an inspection report is issued.
- Go to the URA Portal (www.ura.go.ug) or go to the TLB offices for tax assessment forms.
- Pay in the bank and obtain a receipt of payment.
- Go to Transport Licensing Board with:
- Log Book
- Where Log Book does not bear applicants name,a Lease agreement from financier of investment.
- Bank payment receipts for PSV Licence fees.
- And Advance Income Tax (where no Tax Clearance Certificate has been issued by URA).
- Inspection report from SGS.
- Third Party Insurance certificate.
- Your Licence will be processed and issued.
- Certificate of installation of a speed governor.
- For registered companies, copies of a Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association should be submitted to the Board for record purposes.
- Log book.
- Other form of proof of ownership if log book does not bear applicants name (Lease agreement from financier of investment).
- The Driver has to be formally cleared by police inspectorate of vehicles, Naguru
- Valid Driving licence of proposed driver.
- Valid Third Party Insurance Certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Works and Transport
Transport Licensing Board,
Head Office Address
Off Jinja Road/ Old Port Bell Rd,
P.O. Box 7174, Kampala, Uganda.
Tel phone: +256 414-320135/0414-321364
Website : Ministry of works
Any registered owner of a rental/Airport Taxi Vehicle and who wishes to carry passengers can apply for this Licence in Uganda.
- Up to 10 passengers - 200,000 Ugshs,
- 10 to 20 passengers - 300,000 Ugshs,
- Above 20 passengers - 500,000 Ugshs.
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 2 Hours.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Names, Physical and Postal Address of Applicant
- Legal Status of the Applicant
- Certificate of Registration,
- Certificate of Incorporation,
- Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- Information if the Applicant has ever been convicted of a criminal offence in Uganda or in any other country.
- Information if you have ever acquired a Licence and state the nature of the Licence, date issued and the Licence number.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.