Uganda - Apply for Registration Certificate School Clinic(City)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a registration certificate for school clinic (city), the applicant should visit the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council office with an application form C in a prescribed manner specified by the Council.Find their website on the following link
- The Act states that every person or body that intends to register a school clinic, shall apply to the council for the registration certificate.
- Applicants are required to collect and complete the prescribed registration application form , obtainable from the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council head office. The Council (Licensing Board) Regulations, prescribes form for the application for the license.
- Submit the completed form in all respect and all the relevant documents to the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council. Any omission of the supporting documents will render the application process incomplete.
- The Uganda nurses and midwifes council registration board shall, within 5 days of receipt of an application, investigate and prepare a detailed report in respect of the application.
- Pay a non- refundable registration application fee of two hundred fifty thousand(250,000) shillings to the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (Licensing) Board.
- The Act provides the procedure for registration; the council may, after making such inquiry as it considers necessary, and receiving a fee determined by the council, authorize the registration of the specific health unit.
- The Council shall notify the applicant, in writing, of its decision Within a period of 5 days after the afore-mentioned period, the Health committee of Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council shall and upon registration, registration of school clinic shall be registered under the Act, and a registration certificate shall be issued as set out in Form C in the Third Schedule or may refuse to grant the applicant a certificate,it shall state the reasons in such notice.
- At the discretion of the council and subject to conditions that the council may determine, the registrar may register the school clinic to be operated by a medical assistant, nurse or midwife, as the case may be, exclusively for the use of a body corporate of an institution but under the supervision of a registered medical practitioner.
- The council shall cause a new school clinic unit to be published in the Gazette soon after registration is authorized and a certificate issued in respect of a health unit with the particulars of the Health unit as stated in section 30 of the Act.
- The registration shall be subjected to terms and conditions as the health committee of council deem fit. The registration of school clinic shall also be subjected to supervision and monitoring by the health committee of the Council.
- A registration certificate shall expire at the end of one year from the date of issue and will be subject to renewal for one year at a time.
- Attache a Registration certificate/professional ID on the application form.
- Attach a Receipt for clinical personal practice license on the application form.
- Private practice book–which will be stamped
- Original certificate or professional ID with photocopy of the certificate for all qualifications of the applicant staff.
- Show previous receipt (in case of renewal).
- Certificates and receipt of medical practitioners should be attached on the application
- private nursing clinic book should be attached on the application.
Office Locations & Contacts
- To be enrolled and eligible to private practice as a school clinic
- The applicant MUST have attained the a general license to practice as nurses and midwives practice in Uganda.
- A registered nurse who has served in a hospital or approved health unit for not less than ten years and has a current license to practice.
- The applicant MUST have paid for enrollment and registration fees including the license fees for the first three years.
- The applicant MUST have not been adjudged by a court to be of unsound mind.
- The applicant MUST have not been convicted by a court whether in Uganda or elsewhere of any offense involving fraud or dishonesty.
- The applicant must possess licensed nurses and midwives qualification certificate.
- The applicant MUST be of good character.
- Provision of suitable equipped premises to act as a school clinic. More detailed advice is contained in Ministry of Health Guidelines for Practice for Registered Nurses and Allied Health Professionals (2002).
- The school Clinical Registration License fees is USh.250,000.
- Clinical registration is valid for one years and must apply for registration expiration procedure again.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The Maximum processing time for registration of school clinic is 5 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- All school clinics must register with Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council, and be familiar with the rules relating to the Medical practice in Uganda.
- When you collect your first certificate of enrollment or registration please do not leave the Council offices until you have been told what your license number is and had it is written on your receipt, along with the year for renewal.
- The license number is unique to you. All your qualifications will be covered by the one license to practice.
- Location and the name of the school clinic Unit
- Professional training i.e institution, year & course undertaken
- Current employment 2. Attach the following
- 2 passport size photographs
- Brief Curriculum Vitae (C.V)
- Photocopies of the professional certificates obtained
- Recent renewal receipt and License( in case of renewal)
- Recommendation letter from the employers
Need for the Document
- The document is important to school by allowing the school to Provide first aid or emergency care to sick or injured students. Assess students, to detect early signs and symptoms of health problems, which will affect learning. Monitor and maintain growth and development of students.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.