Uganda - Apply for Radioactive Materials or Devices Prospecting License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
“Prospecting” is defined as intentionally searching for minerals and mineral deposits.
- The application for a Prospecting License should be made to the Commissioner in form 1 as prescribed by the Act.
- The Act states that an application for the grant of a prospecting license under the Act shall be made to the Commissioner in Form I
- Visit the office and obtain an application for a prospecting license from the concerned department.Visit their website on the following link
- Inquire from the officials at the office about the documents to be attached with the completed application form. Complete the application form as required with relevant information and details.
- After completing the application form with respect to the need, attach the required documents with the completed form.
- Then, submit it to Uganda Radiation protection authority offices of Atomic energy council.
- Also pay the prompted fees as required. After that, your application form and documents attached will be forwarded further for various processes of verification and validation.
- The Commissioner grants the Prospecting License according to Section 20(1). According to The Mining Regulations, 2004, Section 3(1), the grant of a prospecting license shall be in the Form XVIII in the First Schedule to the Regulations
- Section 22 establishes the duration of a Prospecting License as 1 year. Section 23 of the Act confers on the Prospecting License holder the non-exclusive right to carry out prospecting operations.
- Once all the processes are done and documents are found in order, your application will be approved and national radiation protection license will be issued with prior notification.
- A duly completed application form for Radioactive Materials or Devices Prospecting License.
- Certified copies of the following documents:
- Academic Certificates showing all the relevant subjects in radioactive material covered.
- National Identity card/Relevant pages of the passport of the applicant
- Professional Certificates and other testimonials in additional to academic copies
- Registration or membership with a professional association
- Latest dosimetry results on radioactive materials
- Full haemogram results on Radioactive materials
- Work Permit for non-Ugandan accepting to work in Radioactive materials in Uganda
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs duly endorsed by employer.
Office Locations & Contacts
- Anybody who intends to intentionally search for minerals and mineral deposits is Eligible for this License.
- No person is allowed to administer Radiation materials or devices unless he/she is in possession of a valid License issued by the National Radiation Protection Authority.
- The License Fee required for radioactive materials is USh. 2,598,536
- The Validity period for radioactive material prospecting license is one year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The Maximum processing time required is 5 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- A radiation worker is required by law to undergo medical examination and be monitored for radiation dose.
- On receiving an application for a license, the Authority will, on payment of the prescribed fee, issue to the applicant the appropriate license.
- An applicant may appeal against refusal to grant a license within one month of a notice given to him to that effect.
- Name of applicant
- ID/Passport No
- Postal Address
- Physical Address
- Type of practice (e.g. medical, industrial, engineering, scientific, e.t.c)
- Academic Qualifications
- Professional qualification in radiation safety
- Professional Body/Association Membership
- Declaration by Applicant:
Need for the Document
- In order to search for minerals and mineral deposits , the applicant need to have this document which is necessary for the purposes of public safety
Information which might help
The license issued may:
- Be amended at any time on written notice to the holder by the Authority, if in its opinion, the amendment is necessary for the purposes of public safety;
- Be suspended or revoked by the Authority if the holder fails to comply with the conditions contained in the license or laid down in the Radiation Protection Act or in any regulations made hereunder;and where a license is suspended or revoked the holder shall take such steps as may be recommended by the Authority to ensure that no radiation hazards occur
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.