Uganda - Apply for Private Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit any issuing office which may be embassy high commission or consulate office and get specific requirements for getting the private visa;
- Get the application form and fill it in accurately;
- Pay all application fees;
- Attach all the required documents;
- Submit your application to authorized offices in your country;
- After you send your application, it will be reviewed at the visa office to make sure it has been completed correctly and that it contains all the required documents.
- A visa officer will decide if an interview with you is necessary. If an interview is required, you will be notified of the time and place
- If your application is refused, your passport and other documents will be returned to you. (You will also receive an explanation why your application was refused and if you sent fraudulent documents, they will not be returned).
- If your application is approved, your passport and documents will be returned to you with your visa.
- Valid passport
- A visa cover letter;
- Payment slips
- An invitation letter
- A recent colored passport size photo with white background.
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75, Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191, Kampala Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Embassies / Consulates of Uganda in the applicants country of residence.
3rd Floor, UAP Building Plot 1 Kimathi Avenue
P. O. Box 4240, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +256 414 259 861 .
Any person who wish to make a private visits by invitation of residents of the country.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
The period for processing an application for a student visa is two (2) working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Carry a genuine passport / travel document with validity beyond one year;
- On arrival, one are required to fill in arrival declaration cards and should comply with other immigration formalities including the provision of required biometric information;
- Immigration authorities at the port of arrival reserve the right of admission;
- A pass for a specific duration is granted by the Immigration authorities on arrival to permit the holders stay in the country for the period granted;
- One should not carry or convey substances or goods prohibited by customs;
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- One must comply with immigration legislation and other national laws of the country during their stay in Uganda.
- If you need to give biometrics (fingerprints and photograph), and you are applying on paper, please do not mail in your application. Submit your application in person to the visa application center (VAC) nearest you.
- Full name and contact details of the student applying for a visa;
- Date of Birth
- Purpose of visit;
- Details and contact address of host where the applicant shall be staying in Uganda.
Need for the Document
A visa is a form of permission or a pass for a non-citizen to enter, transit or remain in Uganda. A private visa is issued for private visits by invitation of residents of a given country.
Information which might help
- It is important to note that
- The Ugandan Embassies and Consular Offices are the only authorized Ugandan Government Agencies, who are permitted to grant Ugandan visas in a different country.
- A visa in your passport does not guarantee entry. That remains the right of the immigration officials in Uganda.
- A letter of invitation does not guarantee that a visa shall be issued. Visa officers assess the applicant to decide whether you meet the terms of Uganda's immigration law.
- Always write an invitation letter in good faith and one must tell the truth and plan to keep the promises you make in the letter.
- Writing a letter of invitation does not mean one is legally responsible for the visitor once he or she gets to Uganda.
- The person writing an invitation letter must ensure that the letter has complete name of applicant, date of birth, address and telephone number, relationship to the person, the purpose of the trip, how long the person plans to stay in Uganda, where the person will stay, and how he or she will pay for things, and when the person plans to leave Uganda.
- Further the person writing an invitation must give his / her complete name, date of birth, address and telephone number in Uganda, job title, whether you are a citizen or permanent resident, a photocopy of a document proving your status in Uganda, such as birth certificate
- if you were born in Uganda, citizenship card, if you are a naturalized citizen, or a copy of your Permanent Residential card, if you are a permanent resident,
- Arrival / departure declaration cards are available at the arrival lounge.
- Sometimes you may be required to provide additional documents.
- Carefully read through your interview appointment letter.
- Carry all required documents that may have been asked for in the interview appointment letter.
- Photos should be attached to the application form by use of glue stick. Stapling and clipping the photo to the application form is not advisable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.