Uganda - Apply for Private Practice License-Nurses
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A Private Practice Licence nurses and Midwives can be obtained from Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Uganda Nurses and Midwives council.
- One must have worked for 5 years and above and from a recognized health facility.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the Nursing Officer in charge of Nurse and Midwife council.
- Collect your Private Practice Licence from where your application was submitted within a day from the date the application was received at Uganda Medical nurses and Midwives Council in case there is no rejection.
The basic requirements are:-
- Provision of suitable equipped premises.
- Application letter to the Registrar UNMC.
- State the location and name of the proposed unit.
- Describe your training.
- Describe your current employment.
- A brief CV.
- Recommendation letter from employer.
- Photocopies of professional certificates–show original.
- Photocopy of latest renewal of professional license.
- Inspection form – obtained from UNMC –completed and stamped by the DHOs office.
- 2 passport size photographs
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council,
Makarere Road, Mukubira Zone,
Kawempe Division Kampala,
P. O. Box 4046,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- A registered nurse who has served in a hospital or approved health unit for not less than ten years and has a current license to practice.( Private General Nursing Clinic)
- A registered or enrolled midwife who has served in a hospital or approved health unit for not less than five years and has a current license to practice.( Private Midwifery Practice)
- 10,000/= For photographs for Certificate
- 120,000/= Enrollment fee or US $ 200 for Non -Ugandans
- 150,000/= Registration fee or US $ 200 for Non -Ugandans
- 50,000/= Additional Diploma fee for RCN or US $ 50 for Non -Ugandans
- 13,000/= Professional ID Card
- 1,000/= Continuing Education Diary
- 5,000/= Professional Code of Conduct
- 10,000/= Nurses Act (1996)
- 25,000/= Midwifery Handbook
Private General nursing clinic and midwifery domiciliary clinic licenses are valid for one year and must be renewed by 31 March of each year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing for 1 week.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Calendar year applied
- Applicant Name
- Telephone Number
- Current Ugandan Employer
- Current Postal Address
- Qualifications, Year attained & institution
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.