Uganda - Apply for Pharmacist Certificate of Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Pharmacist certificate of Registration can be obtained from the Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Pharmaceutical society of Uganda.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee
- On payment of the prescribed fee, the registrar shall enter the name of the applicant in the register and shall issue to the applicant with registration number in the prescribed form.
- The registrar shall cause a list of all pharmacists whose names appear in the register on the thirty-first day of December in each year to be published in the Gazette during the following January.
- If the Board is satisfied that the applicant is of good character and that he or she has fulfilled all requirements of the society. The registrar shall direct the applicant to collect Pharmacist certificate of Registration from where the application submitted the application within 5 days from the date the application was received at the Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda in case there is no rejection.
- Signed commitment letter(s) of the Pharmacists, key personnel (for industries) or Professional Auxiliary Staff employed by the organization, and countersigned by the Chief Executive or in charge of the organization.
- Applicants must provide evidence of attendance of CPD during the course of the year and confirm availability of attendance registers at their practice settings.
- In the case of pharmacies employing medical representatives, their qualifications, certified copies of their academic certificates and transcripts as well as a recent passport size photograph and workplace ID should be attached. The list of products that they seek to promote and evidence of training in those areas needs to be provided.
Provisional practicing certificate requirements
- Duly filled application form.
- Introduction letter from Head of Institution stating; the period of temporary engagement in Uganda with specific dates; the justification for engaging a temporary pharmacist who is an expatriate; the activities to be carried out by the expatriate(s) and the reporting relationship with National Pharmacist if It exists in the organization.
- Certified Copy of certificate of registration as Pharmacist in Country of Origin.
- Letter of good standing with the registration body in country of origin.
- Certified Copies of academic documents with Pharmacy qualification.
- Copy of passport page with personal details.
- Commitment letter of Supervising Pharmacist of the organization confirming that he/she will have temporary practice in Uganda as Pharmacist endorsed by head of institution.
- Two recent passport photos.
- Curriculum Vitae of the person wishing to have temporary pharmacy practice in Uganda.
- Job description of expatriate Pharmacist.
- Payment of fees prescribed by the council.
- Pharmacist first registration application form
- Licensed pharmacist credentials
- A copy of proof of identity
- Above the county (including county) disease prevention and control health certificate issued by practicing a copy of proof of legitimate business units.
Office Locations & Contacts
The Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda
Physical Address: Pharmacy House,
Plot 1847 Kyambogo Banda
Postal Address: P.O.Box 3774 Kampala Uganda.
Phone: 256 414 581679/+256414348796/+256 392174280
Email Address: [email protected]
Website : Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda
National Drug Authority
Secretariat Head office, Rumee Towers
Plot No. 19, Lumumba Avenue,
P.O. Box 23096 Kampala, Uganda.
Fax: (256) 41-255758
E-mail: [email protected]
Website : National Drug Authority
To be enrolled and eligible as a member of the society
- The applicant MUST have attained the age of twenty -one years.
- The applicant MUST have paid the prescribed fees.
- The applicant MUST have not been adjudged by a court to be of unsound mind.
- The applicant MUST have not been convicted by a court whether in Uganda or elsewhere of any offence involving fraud or dishonesty.
- The applicant must possess licensed pharmacist qualification certificate.
- The applicant MUST be of good character.
- Entrance fee 250,000/=
- Subscription 550,000/=
- Clinical Coat 60,000/=
- ID 35,000/=
- Code of Conduct 20,000/=
- BNF 20,000/=
- Grand Total 935000/=
- All members of Pharmaceutical Society of Uganda must enroll by payment of an annual subscription fee prescribed by the council and the council issues an Annual Membership Certificates (AMC).
Annual subscription - 250,000 Ugshs
- COP Fees
- (a) Retail Pharmacy - 150,000 Ugshs
- (b) Wholesale Pharmacy - 300,000 Ugshs
- (c) Wholesale and retail - 400,000 Ugshs
- (d) Large scale manufacturers - 500,000 Ugshs
- (e) Small scale manufacturers - 350,000 Ugshs
Pharmacist registration is valid for one years and must apply for registration expiration procedure again.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum Processing Time: 5 Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Purpose: Regulate the practice by pharmacists and their assistants in Uganda Implementing agencies:
- The National Drug Authority management information system.
- Autonomous regions and municipalities
- Food and Drug administration for practicing pharmacists registered institutions.
- Full name
- Educational background
- Job title
- ID Number
- Qualification Certificate Number
- Exam Year
- Time to work
- Practice Areas
- Production and use of wholesale and retail
- Practitioners category
- Name of practice
- Mailing Address
- Zip Code
- Practitioners Unit Check Opinion
- Practitioners Pharmacist Registration Agency Examine Opinion
- Equipment Note
Need for the Document
Pharmacists certificate of registration Regulate the practice by pharmacists and their assistants in Uganda on safe and effective medication use.
Information which might help
- Altered, forged or false and unfair means to obtain "licensed pharmacist qualification certificate" or "licensed pharmacist registration card."
- For these people, once discovered, the issuing agency shall withdraw the certificate, to cancel the pharmacist qualifications, cancel the registration. And directly responsible shall be given administrative sanctions in accordance with relevant regulations, legal liability up to the relevant authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
After holding "licensed pharmacist credentials," the officer, must apply to the registrar to register and obtain "pharmacist registration card," party can practice as a pharmacist.
More information which might help people.