Uganda - Apply for Petroleum Retail Distribution License or Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a petroleum retail distribution permit or license in Uganda the applicant has to contact the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Please make sure the company is registered in Uganda.
- The Company should obtain investment certification from Uganda Investment Authority.
- Also, Obtain Tax clearance and Tax Identification Number from Uganda Revenue Authority.
- The applicant has to contact the commissioner department of petroleum supply, to make sure whether, if you need to pay deposit for cost of experts.
- The application forms can be obtained from the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- Also, make sure you have all the relevant documents that has been listed under the Required Documents section of this page.
- Get pay slips from the department of petroleum supply and pay application fee for license as you may be advised.
- An environmental impact assessment statement should be obtained regarding your project for further processing.
- The applicant shall take the necessary insurance policies to protect against liabilities that may arise as a result of activities done under the petroleum exploration license.
- The authorities will validate the documents submitted and also inspect the site and facilities that are going to be used for this project and if they are satisfied with the documents and facilities the permit will be processed.
Following link provides National Oil and Gas Policy document : National Oil and Gas Policy for Uganda
Following document explains about petroleum exploration and development in Uganda : Petroleum Exploration and Development information document
Following document provides information about Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage information : Petroleum Refining, Conversion, Transmission and mainstream Storage information
- A statement giving particulars of the applicants proposals with respect to the employment and training of citizens of Uganda, and may set out any other matter which the applicant wishes the Minister to consider.
- A statement giving particulars of work and the minimum expenditure proposed for the block or blocks over which the license is sought.
- Fiscal Production Sharing Agreement with Government of Uganda.
- In the case of a body corporate, its name and place of incorporation, the names and nationality of the directors or equivalent officers and, if the body, corporate has share capital, the name of any person who is the beneficial owner of more than five percent of the issued share capital.
- Information on the financial status and the technical and industrial competence and experience of the applicant.
- The applicant shall make arrangements as may be satisfactory to the Minister for the execution of a bond or other form of security for the performance and observance of the conditions to which the license may be subject.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development
Phone: +256 414 320714
Physical Address: Plot 21-29 Johnston Road
Postal Address: P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- Any applicant for any of the petroleum operating licenses above shall be a body corporate.
- A company that has been registered in Uganda.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Following link provides sample contract document : Sample Contract Document
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant. (If body corporate, provide the corporate name, registered office address and place of incorporation).
- Tax Identification Number /VAT Registration Certificate.
- Corporate status of ownership (sole proprietorship, partnership, unincorporated business, incorporated private/public company, association or a co-operative)
- If the body corporate is incorporated outside Uganda, proof of establishment of the place of business in Uganda and registration as a foreign company in accord.
- Proposed location of project (District, county, sub county, parish and village)
- Size of Plot (in Hectares) on which the facility is to be constructed.
- Expected date of commencement of construction.
- Estimated date of completion of the project.
- Name, address and qualifications of the potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project or company to undertake the construction/modification.
- Proof or commitment of insurance for protection against third party liability, and other construction liabilities.
- Description of the project and amount of investment capital, supported by a Bank Reference Letter.
- Description of safety programmes, equipment and plans for protection of occupation health, industrial safety and environment during regular construction operation as well as contingency plans for accidents, natural disasters and emergencies.
- Any other additional information considered relevant to this application.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to applying for a petroleum retail distribution license or permit in Uganda.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.