Uganda - Apply for Pesticide License or Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To obtain a pesticide license you have to visit the office of the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industries and Fisheries
- The applicant should make sure they have most of the documents that are listed under Required Documents section of this page. Some of the documents can be obtained during the process, so please make sure you have all the initial documents that are required for making the application.
- After making the application the applicant will be requested to provide a sample of the agricultural chemical for official testing.
- If the test results are accepted by the authorities an application form has to be filled in with the necessary information and a payment of 5,000 Ugx fees will be request from the applicant, so the certificate can be issued.
- Certificate of an analyst
- The application shall be accompanied by 5 copies of the label for the agricultural chemical or duly certified copies of it.
Office Locations & Contacts
You can visit the office of Ministry of Agriculture Animal industries and Fisheries.
Phone: +256 414 320 006
Physical Address: Lugard Avenue Entebbe
Postal Address: P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: email@example.com
Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
Any person who is registered and has premises registered in accordance with the regulations made under Agricultural Chemicals (Control) Act, 2006.
There is an application fee of 3,000 Ugx
License fee is 5,000 Ugx
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The varies depending on the Product.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Required special protective clothing
- Required chemical sample for testing during the initial stage of application.
- A certified application dosage and prescribed usage of the agricultural chemical.
- Information on the technical knowledge of the applicant.
- Reentry and pre-harvest intervals.
- Samples of the agricultural chemical for official testing, evaluation and screening.
- Samples of the technical grade of the agricultural chemical.
- The corrosive effects of the agricultural chemical.
- And any other information.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information related to obtaining a pesticide license that can be used in Uganda.
Information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.