Uganda - Apply for Parachute Operation Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Parachute Operations Licence (POL), one has to complete and submit the prescribed application form prescribed by the Authority.
- This form can be obtained by visiting the Uganda Civil Aviation Authority.Website:Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
- After filling the application, the required documents and the application form should be submitted to the UCAA office or you can forwarded them to the:
- Director General
- Uganda Civil Aviation Authority,
- P. O. Box 5536,
- Kampala, Uganda.
- You are required to submit the application with all the documents. These documents include:-
- The document on the radius of the drop zone around the target expressed in nautical miles;
- The document on the location of the centre of the drop zone in relation to the nearest airport, town or city; Certificate requirements Application for parachute operations certificate 1830
- The document on each altitude above mean sea level at which the aircraft will be operated when parachutists or objects exist the aircraft;
- The document on the name, address, and telephone number of the person who requests the authorization or gives notice of the parachute operation; and
- The document on the name of the air traffic control facility with jurisdiction of the airspace at the first intended exit altitude to be used for the parachute operation.
- You are also to proceed to pay the prescribed application fees and submit the payment receipt together with the application documents. An application fee is charged for the process.
- A processing time of 14 days is needed to complete the processing of the Parachute operations Licence (POL), after which you will be contacted through a phone call to collect your new license at the UCAA offices.
- You will be required to carry your identification documents when collecting your new license.
- Compliance with operational standards and procedures contained in the parachute operations manual approved by the Authority.
- Compliance with the currency requirements determined by the Authority.
- Each altitude above mean sea level at which the aircraft will be operated when parachutists or objects exit the aircraft.
- The applicant must have complied with the privileges and limitations of the authorization.
- The location of the centre of the drop zone in relation to the nearest airport, town or city.
- The name of the air traffic control facility with jurisdiction of the airspace at the first intended exit altitude to be used for the parachute operation.
- The name, address, and telephone number of the person who requests the authorization or gives notice of the parachute operation.
- The radius of the drop zone around the target expressed in nautical miles.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Aviation Authority
Phone: +256 312/414 352000
Physical Address: Airport Road Entebbe International Airport
Postal Address: P.O. Box 5536 Entebbe, Uganda
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website:Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- be at least 18 years of age
- be able to read, speak and understand the English language
- demonstrate a level of knowledge appropriate to the privileges granted to a holder of a parachute jumping authorisation; and
- comply with the provisions of these Regulations that apply to the parachute jumping authorisation sought.
Application Fees: Nil License Fee: As shall be prescribed by the Authority
Valid for 1 year.
- A parachute operations certificate shall be vaild for a period specified in the certificate from the date of issue but in any case not more than 12 months.
unless— There is an Amendment of a parachute operations certificate Validity based on the following:
- (a)a shorter period is specified by the Authority;
- (b)the Authority amends, suspends, revokes or otherwise terminates the certificate;
- (c)the certificate holder surrenders it to the Authority; or
- (d)the certificate holder suspends operations.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Month
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
A person shall not conduct parachute operations unless that person:
- holds a parachute operations certificate;
- complies with the privileges and limitations of the authorization;
- complies with operational standards and procedures contained in the parachute operations manual approved by the Authority; and
- complies with the currency requirements determined by the Authority.
- A person shall not conduct parachute operations unless he/she uses a parachute operations manual approved by the Authority.
- Full names
- Postal and physical address
- Date and place of birth
- Parachuting logbook
- Information for Location approved by Authority.
- Information on Skill requirements & Conditions of authorization.
- Permission from the air traffic control unit responsible for the area of the operation.
- Permission from the area control centre responsible for the area of the operation.
- Particulars of Licence already held (Place and Date of Issue , Type of Licence, Number and Expiry Date )
- Category of the parachute Type (if required) for which the Licence is required.
- Instrument Rating held and state date of last test.
- Whether yet examined for and obtained a medical certificate in accordance with the Civil Aviation Regulations
- Whether you are able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language in accordance with the English language proficiency requirements of the Civil Aviation Regulations.
- Whether you have met all the requirements for the issuance of the parachute certificate
- Signature of Applicant.
- Date of Application.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
The applicant should –
- Visit the Authority’s Personnel licensing Offices to check, whether you have pass the eligibility criteria.
- Pay, the prescribed fees to the Licensing Authority.
- Complete the prescribed application form, and all the required documents.
- Pay the applicable fees and submit the payment receipt.
- Wait for the processing period to elapse then collect your parachute operation certificate.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.