Uganda - Apply for Motor vehicle Personal Number Plate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant should make sure he / she has all the particulars of the motor vehicle like the motor registration number, the engine and chassis numbers, the current owner names in the log book;
- Visit the Uganda Revenue Authority licensing offices and pick some application forms for a request for issuing a personal number plate for his / her motor vehicle;
- Fill the form accurately, attach required documents and take back to the Uganda Revenue Authority licensing offices. Upon approval, one is issued an assessment with the amount of money to be paid;
- Take the assessment to the bank make payment, get a receipt and then bring that receipt of payment back to the office for verification;
- A go ahead on document is issued to the applicant after verification;
- Take the go ahead on document to the Number plates printing companies as recommended or even basing on your choice since they are many to choose from;
- Make payment for printing the number (make sure that a receipt is given and as well be told the day when your registration number plates will be ready for collection usually a period that will be between 6 hours to one full day);
- After the given period elapses, go to any licensing staff together with the number printing receipt and then personal number plate is given and you are requested to sign for it.
- Log book
- Identity card
- Registration certificate
- Payment slips
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Headquarters,
5th Street Nakawa Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 7279, Uganda, Kampala
Phone: 0414 334228, 0417442054, 0417442055, 0417443150
Email: [email protected]
Toll free: 0800117000
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Crested Towers (Tall Tower)
Tel: 041-7443000, 041-7443134
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Tel: 041-7440000, 041-7442042
Applicants must be owners with valid registration plates in order to apply for a personal number plate.
Following link provides fees related information which can help : Fee information
It has no validity period
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Fill application form accurately
- Have all the required documents read;
- A separate application must be submitted for each personalized registration plate.
- New vehicles must be titled and registered prior to a personalized plate being issued.
- Vehicle registration number;
- The vehicle engine number for the motorcycle;
- Chassis number
- The current owner full names (as in the log book);
Need for the Document
- A Motor vehicle number plate is a metal or plastic plate attached to a motor vehicle for official identification purposes.
- The registration identifier is a numeric or alphanumeric code that uniquely identifies the vehicle within the issuing region's database and in some countries, the identifier is unique within the entire country, while in others it is unique within a state or province.
- Having a Motor vehicle personal number plate means buying the right to assign the number (an individual prefers) to a vehicle and display it on its number plates. The vehicle can be registered in your name, or in the name of someone else (the nominee).
Information which might help
The Licensing office is Uganda Revenue Authoritys (URA) department which is responsible for handling and issuing all issues with regard to Motor Vehicle, Motor Cycle, Driving Permits, Engineering Plants, Log Books, Vehicle Alterations, and others that may fall in that same category. On replacement of a number plate, issuance depends the reason an applicant gives whether lost numbers plates, destroyed numbers and others of which some might require one to have either made a police report or a news announcement all of which must be attached to the application forms before returning them back. The owners signature on file should match with all the detailed to be filled on the form before submitting the forms for verification.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Used as Identification
More information which might help people.