Uganda - Apply for Mobile Van or Open Air Cinema Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Mobile Van /Open Air Cinema Licence can be obtained from Uganda Communication Commission Head office.
- No person shall Run or operate a mobile Van/ open Air Cinema unless that person is granted a Licence or permission from Uganda Communication Commission.
- The applicant must conform to the specifications of the Film industry as set out in the prescribe ordinances of the Film Regulations or any other regulations that may be approved by Uganda Communication commission.
- Fill up the application form as described by the Uganda Communication Commission.
- Any person who wishes to engage in Mobile Van/ Open Air Cinema must obtain a Licence from Uganda Communication Commission under the following conditions:
- The mobile van should be designed, in a suitable conditions for film/ cinema display conditions which will bring out quality results.
- the positioning of the caravans or regulating the use of other structures and vehicles including tents
- to ensure that sanitary and other facilities, services and equipment are well maintained
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee
- Submit the dully filled in form and attached with pay slip to the Cinema/film controller Officer in charge of the film production at Uganda Communication Commission.
- If the submitted application plus all documents deem it fit, then the applicant shall be issued with a Mobile van/Open Air Cinema Licence from Uganda Communication Commission.
- The applicant shall pick the Licence where the application was submitted within 6 weeks from the date the application was received at the Commission in case there is no rejection.
Note: A decision will be made on the application within 6 weeks of you submitting it. If commission expects the consultation period to go beyond 6 weeks it will inform the applicant of this in writing.
- Company profile indicating Memorandum and Articles of Association,
- Shareholders and management set up.
- Proof letter from Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
- Filled application form
- Registration permit of your film
- Parking permits
- Taxi Licence
- The application should avail details of the permission letter for place where the film/cinema will take place.
- The application should also give details of the planning permission as well as any other information required.
Office Locations & Contacts
Any individual or Company interested in Mobile van/ open air cinema can be eligible for this Licence.
- Application processing fees: 100,000 Ugshs.
- Licence fees: 100,000 Ugshs. (Annual Fee)
- Visit the following link forFees Charge
Validity: According to period specified in the Licence.
- Usually Valid for six Months.
- There is no time limit. However, if the open Air cinema only has the benefit of temporary planning permission, the Mobile Van licence will expire on the same date.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 6 weeks.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Any person who contravenes Film-regulations commits an offence.
- Name of the Applicant
- Address of the Applicant
- Information on Motor van/open air cinema ownership
- Signature of applicant
- Information on the film/ cinema.
Need for the Document
- The need for this document is to create an avenue to get local content in the film industry closer to the masses.
- This will in turn lead to a big improvement in movie quality, as well as increased professionalism in the industry.
Information which might help
- Mobile Van Films and Cinema are cheap, because there are accessible places where communities gather to watch films on video. Outdoor venues are becoming even more common due to the great availability of space, and outdoor movies are now very popular in Uganda.
- Video jockeys - provide live simultaneous translation of the videos from English to local languages which makes it famous.
- The Mobile van Film/ open Air Cinema can create an excitement for local movie enthusiasts as they get to the locals to enjoy a wide selection of Ugandan films, from drama to action to comedy to documentaries.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.