Uganda - Apply for Mineral Location Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for this licence shall-be in respect to a location and shall be in Form IV.
- Mineral Location Licence can be obtained from Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development department of Directorate Geological Survey and mines.
- No person shall begin or locate a mineral ground without a licence from the directorate or Authorities concern unless he or she holds a valid specific licence issued for that purpose.
- Any person who,without a valid specific licence issued for that purpose—engages in the mining processing in any prescribed place or area;or engages,in any prescribed place or area, in the mining, purchase or sale of minerals, commits an offence.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee
- Submit the dully filled in form and attached with pay slip to the Directorate of Geological survey and mines Officer or CAO in charge of the area.
- Collect your mineral locational Licence from where your application was submitted within 21 days from the date the application was received at directorate of Geological survey and mines or office of Chief Administrative officer(CAO)in case there is no rejection.A location licence shall be in Form XXI.
- Application form in 5 copies
- A sketch Map on scale of 1:50,000 (in five Copies) showing the position of the location.
- A statement describing the state of the Environment.
- The mining plan to be implemented.
- Document showing Applicable Mineral rent
- Proof of payment
- Attach a statement for particulars of the Mineral.
- Attach a statement on prospecting operations.
- Attach a map of the area with coordinates
- Statement giving particulars and nature of mining.
- Capital and experience to conduct prospecting mining operations.
- A written proof that the applicant has reached an agreement with the Land lord.
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines
Address:Plot 21-29,Johnstone Road
P.O. Box 9, Entebbe,Uganda
Phone:+256 414 320656, +256 312 262902
Email :[email protected]
Website:Directorate of Geological survey Mines
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
Amber House,Plot29/33,Kampala Road
Telephone+256 414 344 414
Fax+256 414 234 732+256 414 230 220
Website:Ministry of Energy and Minerals
- All companies and other stakeholders who wish to explore for Minerals in Uganda are Eligible.
- Any company qualified under terms and conditions prescribed from time to time by the relevant Institutions is free to apply for the grant or award of a license,lease or contract,as the case may be,for the exploration minerals in Uganda.
- Application Fees: 1,000,000 Ugshs Non Refundable.
- Industrial minerals Location Licence- 5,000,000 Ugshs.
- Valid for long period of time.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Maximum processing time 21 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of applicant (individual or company) in full.
- Name of the person submitting the application.
- Physical address in Uganda
- Telephone & email Address
- Purpose of the application:
- Tax identification Number.
- Mineral for which the licence is sought.
- Certificate of incorporation in case of a company.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Where an application under sub-regulation (1) of this regulation has been made but the holder has not received notice that his or her licence has been renewed before the date on which such licence expires, the holder may continue with exploration operations until so notified;and if granted,the renewal shall take effect from the date on which the licence would, but for such renewal, have expired.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.