Uganda - Apply for Mineral Dealers Licence.
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
The applicant should submit a written application letter seeking permission for Dealing in industrial or Building Mineral or Base Metal Minerals or precious Metal Minerals, or precious stones indicating the following information:
- The full names.
- Physical and postal addresses of the managers,directors and other shareholders.
- The number of employees.
- Nationality of the applicant.
- Approval of the export permit by the Commissioner
- Customs' documentation for the export.
A certificate of approval for mineral dealers Licence can be obtained from the Commissioner for the geological survey and mines department Ministry of Energy and Minerals Development.
- Fill up the appropriate application form xiv as described by the Commissioner for the geological survey and mines department Ministry of Energy and Minerals Development.
- After filling the form the commissioner for geological survey shall arrange for an onsite verification will be conducted to ensure that the relevant requirements of rules are fully complied with.(as stated in the Mining Act, 2003.The Mining Regulations 2004).
- Upon meeting these requirements,the Commissioner may grant a Mineral dealership Licence.This dealership licence lasting for only 12 months it expires and on expiration a new licence is issued and applicant are advised to apply for renewal 30 days before expiration.
Compliance with the above requirements and paying the subscribed fee shall allow the Commissioner to grant the establishment full approval with the issuance of:
- Annual Dealership Licence.
- Establishment approval number.
- Proof of incorporation (Certified copies of the certificate of incorporation/ registration and Memorandum and articles of association). - Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
- Bank statement.
- Executed Form XIV.
- Valid identification e.g Passport,Voter's card,Driving Permit, National ID.
- Bank statement.
- Executed Form XIV.
- Bank statement showing the financial stand of the dealer.
- Proof of payment document.
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Geological Survey and Mines
Address:Plot 21 - 29, Johnstone Road
Address:P.O. Box 9, Entebbe, Uganda
Phone:+256 414 320656,+256 312 262902
Email: [email protected]
Website:directorate of Geological survey
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development.
Amber House,Plot 29/33, Kampala Road
P.O.B Kampala, Uganda
Telephone :256 414 344 414
Fax :+256 414 234 732,+256 414 230 220
E-mail: [email protected]
Website:Ministry of Energy and mineral Development
- Applicant to be eligible should be engaging in either industrial or building minerals,base metals,precious metal or stone mineral activities in order to qualify for Dealership Licence.
- Industrial or building minerals -2,000,000 Ugshs.
- Base metals (or a metal which is not precious metal) - 3,000,000 Ugshs.
- Precious metals -5,000,000 Ugshs.
- Precious stones - 6,000,000 Ugshs
Valid for 1 year.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 3 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Lodge with the commissioner five copies of dully filled application forms for Mineral Dealer Licence Agency: Mines & Geology department.
- An area which is the subject of an application for exploration licence, shall be rectangular in shape with a minimum width of not less than one-third of the length; except that the Commissioner may,in his or her discretion,allow the area to be other than rectangular in shape where it is desired that a boundary may be identical with the boundary of another area or for other good cause; and in such a case the minimum width may be less than one-third of the length.
- Full name and address of the applicant
- Name and full address of firm/principal
- Quantity by weight of minerals(s) in metric carats
- Type(s) and number of packages
- Number of pieces, specifications/description
- Name(s) and locality of mine(s), name and address of supplier(s)
- Name and full postal address of consignee
- Agent and place of export
- Signature of the applicant
- Nationality of applicant/country of incorporation.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- The area of land in respect of which a mining lease may be applied for shall not be in excess of the area reasonably required to carry out the applicant’s programme of proposed mining operations.
- The shape of the area shall be rectangular and the width of the rectangle shall not be less than one-third of its length; except that when it is desired that a boundary should be identical with the boundary of another area or for any other good cause, the Commissioner may allow a departure from the provisions of this regulation.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.