Uganda - Apply for Lost Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit the nearest police station in Uganda report lost for passport, and you will be issued with a police report, confirming that you have lost your passport.
- Get application from G from any of the passport centre of download it online Application form Gand fill it following the instructions on the form.
- Write a letter in details in your own addressed to the passport control officer explaining the circumstances under which you lost your passport.
- Write an affidavit confirming that you have lost you passport and you cannot recover it. You can request for an affidavit form from the passport control office.
- Obtain a questionnaire from the passport office and fill it with the correct information.
- Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 forordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. And for your lost passport you will pay a fine UGX 100,000.
- Fill all the prepared documents including those mentioned in “required documents” below in a manila file folder and visit the ministry of internal affairs or any passport control office or regional immigration office in your location.
- At the office present you documents in the manila file to the passport control officer at the passport section.
- The officer will verify the information you have presented and present you application for processing.
- After ten working days, return to the passport office to collect your new passport. If you live in Abroad contact the nearest Ugandan embassy to make you application.
If you live in Abroad contact the nearest Ugandan embassy to make you application:
- Dully the completed form G
- Written letter explaining circumstances under which loss of passport occurred.
- Complete Questionnaire form.
- Complete Affidavit in lieu of lost passport.
- Police report confirming loss of passport.
- 3 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Copy of Identification documents.
- Where copy of lost passport is available please attach the same
- Attach payment receipt issued after payment from the bank.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: Ministry of internal affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Regional offices All embassies and Consulates
- All Ugandan passport holders who have lost their passports.
- The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for ordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service e), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. And for your lost passport you will pay a fine UGX 100,000.
- The passport is valid for 10 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 10 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- If you have lost your passport, repot the incidence first to nearest the police station and then make an application for a new passport personally, applications made by middle men will not be accept unless it application for minors when the application will be made by parents of responsible authority .
- Applicant’s details
- Residential Address
- Details of Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Next of Kin Contacts
Need for the Document
- Passports are required when want to make international travels and applications travel visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports can be used to prove identity.
More information which might help people.