Uganda - Apply for Lost Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Present duly the completed form A and B. LC endorsements may be omitted except where specifically required by the Passport Control Officer.
- Applicant should attach own and detailed written explanation addressed to the Passport Control Officer explaining circumstances under which loss of passport occurred.
- Complete Questionnaire form.
- Complete Affidavit in lieu of lost passport.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Where copy of lost passport is available please attach the same
- Pay the fees in prescribed bank and obtain bank return.
- Attach bank return to application and support documents and present same to Passport Receiving Office.
- Police report
- 3 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background
- Copy of Identification documents
Office Locations & Contacts
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Nebbi Road Arua
Ministry of Justice / JLOS building: Gulu Municipality
RDC / Administration building: Masaba Road
Masindi Passport Center
Hoima Passport Center
Kampaya House: Old Fort-portal Road, Hoima town
Mbarara Regional Office
Mbarara Adminisration block: Mbarara-Kabale Road
Masaka Regional Office
Administration Building block: Masaka Municipality
Jinja Regional Office
Administration block: Busoga Square
Mubende Regional Office
Fortportal Regional Office
Administration Block: Boma Road
Lira Regional Office
District Chambers Building: Dr. Obote Avenue
Mityana Regional Office
Kampala Main Passport Office
American: Plot 75, Jinja Road next to British Tobbacco plant(BAT)
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Obtain bank payment advise forms for fine of Uganda shillings 100,000 only, in addition to Uganda shillings 80,000 for a new passport.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Obtain your new passport after ten working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This page contains information on how to apply for a new passport when your previous passport is lost.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.