Uganda - Apply for Lost Passport
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Visit the nearest police station in Uganda, report about the lost passport, and you will be issued with a police report, confirming that you have lost your passport.
- Get application form G from any of the passport centre of download it online Application form Gand fill it following the instructions on the form.
- Write a letter with your details, addressed to the passport control officer explaining the circumstances under which you lost your passport.
- Write an affidavit confirming that you have lost you passport and you cannot recover it. You can request for an affidavit form from the passport control office.
- Obtain a questionnaire from the passport office and fill it with the correct information.
- Visit any URA revenue collection bank such as Bank of Africa, Diamond Trust Bank, Stanbic, Crane, Barclays, Orient etc. and pay passport fees. The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 forordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service fee), UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000. And for your lost passport you will pay a fine UGX 100,000.
- Visit the ministry of internal affairs or any passport control office or regional immigration office in your location with the photocopies of all the required documents in a file folder.
- At the office present you documents in the manila file to the passport control officer at the passport section.
- The officer will verify the information you have presented and present you application for processing.
- After ten working days, return to the passport office to collect your new passport.
If you live in Abroad contact the nearest Ugandan embassy to make you application:
Please follow the steps below to make an online passport application.
Step 1. Navigate to the passport portal passport portal
Step 2. Click the Start New Application link to start a new application.
Step 3. Accept the terms and conditions displayed in the Disclaimer.
Step 4. Answer simple security questions.
Step 5: Complete the passport application form.
- Please fill out the mandatory fields with red asterisk to generate an application ID which you can use for future reference.
Step 6: Print Passport Application Payment Advice Form.
Step 7: Make payments for the selected type of passport using the selected payment method.
Step 8: Schedule appointment for a date of your convenience using the Schedule Appointment link on the home page.Appointment Link
- The online application form will require the applicant to fill all the details. After, you fill all the details you will then be asked to review the form and ascertain that the details therein are correct. If everything is okay then you should click continue for the final submission.
Step 9: Print Passport Application Appointment Form.
Step 10: Report to the selected passport Centre with the passport appointment form with the following documents/requirements.
- An Online pre-filled passport application form and three invoices.
- An affidavit of the circumstances surrounding the loss, theft, mutilation or damage of your passport.
- A police report on the loss of the passport. i.e. Police abstract.
- Letter explaining how you lost the passport.
- Original birth certificate and photocopy.
- Original National ID Card and photocopy.
- Three Current passport size photos.
- Recommenders ID card copy.
- Parents National ID cards copies or Death Certificate if deceased.
- For applicants who are below the age of eighteen years, the parents or legal guardian’s written consent must be provided.
- For applicants who are adopted, the original adoption certificate, clearance letter from the children’s department, and or, the Court ruling or award.
Step 11:After lodging the application the passport will be ready for collection at the Directorate of Citizenship and immigration control offices after 2 working days if express processing or 10 working days ordinary processing.
Step 12:You are required to bring proof of identification when collecting the passport. You can also track the application progress through your online account https://www.passports.go.ug. You will be contacted through text and/or email when to collect your passport.
- Dully the completed form G
- Written letter explaining circumstances under which loss of passport occurred.
- Complete Questionnaire form.
- Complete Affidavit in lieu of lost passport.
- Police report confirming loss of passport.
- 3 coloured passport size photos taken against a white background.
- Copy of Identification documents.
- Where copy of lost passport is available please attach the same
- Attach payment receipt issued after payment from the bank.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Internal Affairs
Plot 75, Jinja rd.
P.O. Box 7191/7165, Kampala
Fax: +256 424 434 088
Website: Ministry of internal affairs
Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration
Plot 75 Jinja Road
P. O. Box 7165 / 7191
Kampala - Uganda
Telephone contact: + 256 414 595 945
Fax: +256 414 348 707
Website: Directorate of Citizenship and Immigration, Regional offices, All embassies and Consulates
- All Ugandan passport holders who have lost their passports.
- The Passport costs Uganda Shillings UGX 250,000 for normal applications or UGX 400,000 for Express applications (UGX 250,000 for ordinary processing plus UGX 150,000 as Express Service e),UGX 400,000 for Official Passports and UGX 500,000 for Diplomatic Passports. All fees are exclusive of bank charges which vary from bank to bank i.e. UGX 2200 to UGX 3000 and for your lost passport you will pay a fine UGX 100,000.
- The passport is valid for 10 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- 10 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- If you have lost your passport, report the incidence first to nearest the police station and then make an application for a new passport personally, applications made by middle men will not be accept unless it application for minors when the application will be made by parents of responsible authority .
- Applicant’s details
- Residential Address
- Details of Origin
- Citizenship details
- Spouse details
- Parent’s details
- Next of Kin Contacts
Need for the Document
- Passports are required when want to make international travels and applications travel visa.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Passports can be used to prove identity.
More information which might help people.