Uganda - Apply for Live Animal and Animal Products Export
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Below are the procedures for Live animal and animal products Export.
- Any person wishing to export live animals must acquire a cattle traders’ license from Commissioner Animal Production and/or an export license from Commissioner Animal Health
- The exporter shall obtain an import Permit, written in English or with an English translation, from the veterinary authority of the destination country
- The exporter shall make a written application to the Commissioner for Animal Health and attach the Import Permit or animal health requirements from the destination country
- The exporter shall submit an application to the Commissioner for Animal Health requesting for a veterinary health certificate to export live animals at least 15 days prior to an exportation. The application will state the type, sex, number and age of the animals and their corresponding unique identification numbers/marks and the destination country and consignee. The application shall be attached with a copy of the export license
- The exporter shall attach a copy of an Invoice which indicates the price of exported animals or Price list, Packing list, Air Waybill / Bill of Lading and any other relevant documents, to the application.
- The Veterinary Inspector authorized by the Commissioner for Animal Health shall study the history and status of animal disease outbreaks in the premises of origin and surrounding areas, conduct physical and clinical examination and laboratory tests to ensure compliance with animal health requirement specified in the export Permit
- In a case where the exported animals were vaccinated against or tested for any disease, the exporter shall present a vaccination certificate or other evidence to the certifying veterinary inspector to guide decision making and/or to record such information in an official veterinary health certificate
- Names of the exporter and a consignee at the country of destination must correspond to those written in all documents concerned, particularly in his/her passport or other official identification held.
Export Procedures at the port of Exit.
- MAAIF will issue a veterinary health certificate in duplicate, written in English, to accompany the exported animals to the country of destination.
- For animals unaccompanied, one photocopy of the veterinary heath certificate shall be additionally attached to containers or crates of the exported animals.
- For animals travelling with the owner as personal effects, an original copy of the veterinary health certificate shall be presented to the veterinary inspectors at the port of exit.
- Specific animal species
- sanitary requirements
- an Invoice
- Price List,
- Packing List,
- Air Waybill / Seaport Bill of landing.
- Bill of Lading
- Veterinary Health Certificate,
- a vaccination certificate
- cattle traders’ license
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Directorate of Animal Resources/Commissioner for Animal Health
Department of Animal Health.
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006/+256-414-322026
Email: [email protected]/[email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://agriculture.go.ug/directorate of fisheries resources
- All Foreigners and Resident of Uganda with a Animal product product export license are Eligible.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa.
- Criteria to determine the amount of fees to be paid to the licensing authorities vary.
A licence issued under this ordinance is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 3 months to Six Months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- If animals or products from countries or zones free of diseases are trans shipped through seaports or airports in countries or zones,where prescribed diseases e.g. Foot and Mouth disease (FMD), African Swine fever, Avian Influenza, Contagious bovine pleura pneumonia (CBPP), Bovine Spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) and Peste des petits Ruminants (PPR), is known to occur, they (according to OIE) shall be deemed as originating from infected countries or zones and shall therefore be prohibited from Exportation.
- All transits of live animals and/or animal products from one country to another through the Republic of Uganda shall be authorized by the Commissioner for Animal Health.
- Full name of owner
- Age and sex.
- Name of BMU.
- Purpose of the application.
- Company name.
- the type, sex, number and age of the animals
- BMU recommendation.
- Photograph and copy of any identification.
- Name of Authorized Licensing Officer.
- Nationality /No./Passport No
- Mailing Address
- Telephone No.
- Business Location: Name of Building/Place
- Details of animal truck Carrier.
- Type of Truck (5 or 10 tone others).
- Type of hull
- Overall Length
- Engine Type (Fuel)
- Intended Fishing Area
- Proposed fishing Methods Used
- Declaration form
- Vehicle/ Vessel inspection certificate
- Copy of annual return
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.