Uganda - Apply for License to Operate a Civil Aviation Academy
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Application, Certification and Approval Process
Step 1: Pre-Application Phase
- The intending applicant for the approved training Civil Aviation Academy /Organization Certificate should expresses the intention for approval to the Authority. This can be through telephone, writing, or by visiting the UCAA Offices.
- After the initial contact, a pre-application meeting will be arranged between the applicant and the Authority to discuss the application requirements and certification process.
- Applicants will be briefed in as much detail as necessary regarding the preparation of the Training Procedures Manual and other documents during meetings with the Authority personnel.
- The Authority will issue the prescribed application form: AC-OPS001 to the applicant to fill and submit. A Pre Application Statement of Intent (PASI) will also be provided to the applicant to be completed and signed and returned to Authority offices.
- If the information is complete and acceptable, the Authority will determine the team who will be assigned to the certification project and schedule a pre-application meeting with the applicant and the selected Authority certification team members.
Step 2: Formal Application Phase
- The applicant for the approved training Civil Aviation Academy/Organization Certificate should then submit the following to the Authority at least ninety days before the intended day of operations.
- an application on a form and in a manner prescribed by the Authority.
- a statement showing that the minimum qualification requirements for each management position are met.
- a description of the minimum qualifications and ratings for each instructor.
- a statement acknowledging that the applicant may notify the Authority within ten working days of any change made in the assignment of persons in the required management or instructors positions.
- the proposed training specifications requested by the applicant.
- a description of the training equipment that the applicant proposes to use including the aircraft, the synthetic flight trainers and any special equipment used for each phase of training.
- a list of the aerodromes or sites at which training flights originate, if applicable, and a description of the applicant’s training facilities, equipment and qualifications of personnel to be used.
- a training program, including manuals, curricula, outlines, courseware, procedures and documentation.
- a description of a record-keeping system that will identify and document the details of training, qualification, and licensing of students, instructors, and evaluators.
- a description of quality control measures proposed.
- a method of demonstrating the applicant’s qualification and ability to provide training for a licence or rating in fewer than the minimum hours prescribed in the Civil Aviation (Personnel Licensing) Regulations if the applicant proposes to do so.
- a statement of compliance showing how the applicant has met all applicable requirements in these Regulations.
- Note: The certification process starts only after the Application package has been accepted.
- To accept the application package the Authority will carry out a cursory review on the application package.
- If the review is successful, the Authority will draw up a certification schedule of events in consultation with the applicant in a formal application meeting, giving the sequence of activities to be done and the agreed time frame of accomplishment to be followed in the certification process.
Step 3: Document Evaluation Phase
- The Authority Inspectors will then carry out an in depth review of the contents of each document submitted for regulatory compliance, relevance and scope.
- In general the documents are required to explain, define and illustrate the entire organisation structure, functions, activities and programs. It is required that they show how the organisation shall comply with the Regulations, and how the terms of approval shall be continually maintained after certification and approval has been granted, i.e. Internal audits and findings corrective action procedures.
Step 4: Demonstration and Inspection Phase
- After a successful evaluation phase the applicant will need to demonstrate his ability to comply fully with the regulations before beginning operations.
- These demonstrations include actual performance of activities and/or operations while being observed by Authority Inspectors. This includes on-site evaluations of at least the following:
- Aircraft proposed for conduct of training as applicable
- Flight simulator and training devices as applicable
- Training facilities and training equipment
- Training curricula
- Training in progress
- Testing and examinations
- Record keeping system
- Quality Control system.
- During these demonstrations and inspections, the Authority evaluates the effectiveness of the policies, methods, procedures, and instructions as described in the applicant’s manual and other documents. Emphasis is placed on the applicant’s management of systems, quality control and overall management and training effectiveness during this phase. Discrepancies will be brought to the attention of the applicant and corrective action must be taken before a certificate is issued.
Step 5: Certification Phase
- After the document evaluation and demonstration and inspection phases have been completed satisfactorily, the Authority will prepare the ATO Certificate and approve the Training Specifications.
- The Training Specifications contain the courses, authorizations, limitations, and provisions specific to the certificate holder’s operation.
- The certificate holder must acknowledge receipt of these documents.
- The ATO certificate is valid for 12 months.
- Note: At the formal application phase the applicant will be advised to pay the prescribed fees found under the "Fees" section of this page or UCAA Charges page.
Ads by Google
- A statement showing that the minimum qualification requirements for each management position are met.
- A description of the minimum qualifications and ratings for each instructor.
- A statement acknowledging that the applicant may notify the Authority within ten working days of any change made in the assignment of persons in the required management or instructors positions.
- The proposed training specifications requested by the applicant;
- A description of the training equipment that the applicant proposes to use including the aircraft, the synthetic flight trainers and any special equipment used for each phase of training.
- A list of the aerodromes or sites at which training flights originate, if applicable, and a description of the applicant’s training facilities, equipment and qualifications of personnel to be used.
- A training program, including manuals, curricula, outlines, course ware, procedures and documentation.
- A description of a record-keeping system that will identify and document the details of training, qualification, and licensing of students, instructors, and evaluators.
- A description of quality control measures proposed.
- A method of demonstrating the applicant’s qualification and ability to provide training for a licence or rating in fewer than the minimum hours prescribed in the Civil Aviation (Personnel Licensing) Regulations if the applicant proposes to do so.
- A statement of compliance showing how the applicant has met all applicable requirements in these Regulations
Office Locations & Contacts
Uganda Civil Aviation Authority
P.O.Box 5536 Kla
+256 312 352 000
Ads by Google
- Any person / organisation willing to conduct training, testing or checking in synthetic flight trainers in Uganda are eligible to make this application.
- Initial inspection of a training school and issue of certificate $ US500 equivalent to Ugsh. 1,875,000/=
- Certificate of approval $ US 50 equivalent to 187,500
- The validity period is 12 months
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Ads by Google
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The processing time is ninety days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Ads by Google
- The ATO certification is carried out in compliance with the Five Phase Certification and Approval Process.
- The five (5) Phases are:
- Formal Application
- Document Evaluation
- Demonstration and Inspection and
- Name of Applicant
- Business address of applicant
- If the applicant is a company (registered office, company registration no, date of incorporation, operating or business name and address of correspondence)
- Nationality of Applicant
- State the type of service applied for (i.e. whether scheduled air service, non- scheduled air service, aerial work service, flying instructions, etc.)
- List all other Air services operated by the applicant at the time of this application and give the relevant license numbers.
- Enumerate particulars of working arrangements that the applicant has with any other company operating an air service.
- Financial particulars.
- Staffing, organization.
- Terms and conditions of employment in the company.
- Particulars of any experience of air transport operations or any other relevant experience of the directors and senior management employees of the company
- Aircraft and equipment (state the aircraft which you employ or intend to employ on air services applied for giving particulars)
- Liability for loss or damage information
Ads by Google
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Renewal Of AN ATO Certificate
- An application for renewal of an ATO certificate will be submitted on Form TF-071 to the Authority at least 30 days before the expiration date of the existing ATO certificate.
- The Authority will conduct a formal audit of the ATO to ensure that it continues to meet the certification requirements.
- If the audit is successful, the ATO Certificate and applicable training specifications will be renewed.
- A person shall not operate a training centre whose purpose is to provide civil aviation security training in accordance with these Regulations and the National Civil Aviation Security Training Programme without an Approved Training Organization certificate issued by the authority
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Ads by Google
Ads by Google
More information which might help people.