Uganda - Apply for License to Cut/Grow/Take/Work/Remove Forest Produce from Forest Reserve
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Licence to cut/grow/take/work/remove forest in Uganda, the applicant has to contact the National forest Authority.
- Identify the area you intending to undertake a forest project or activity for the cutting, taking, working or removing of forest produce from a forest reserve or community forest.
- Identify the true owners of the land in which you intend to carry out your forest activities by conducting due diligence.
- Upon identifying the true land owners negotiate, execute an agreement with the land owners and compensate them accordingly for purposes of allowing you carry out your forest projects or activities on their intended land.
- Execute Forest agreement with the government forest agency/Authority relating to reserving the forest or environmental impact assessment, to access which activities is likely to have or impact on the forest reserves. This license serves a regulatory purpose in order to regulate the usage and management of a forest reserve
- Survey the area of the land on which you intend to carry out your forest activities and have deed plan.
- Upon executing that forest agreement, apply for the forest cutting, taking, working or removing of forest produce from a forest reserve or community forest license from commissioner department of National forestry Authority (NFA) if the same had not been done before.
- The National forestry Authority shall invite applications through a fair, open and competitive process for selecting the best candidate to carry out the forest activities.
- Upon the commissioner granting the best applicant the forest cutting, taking, working or removing of forest produce from a forest reserve or community forest license, the applicant proceed to cut/remove/work/take/grow the intended forest projects or activities.
Note: This license serves a regulatory purpose.
- Valid prospecting license
- Submitted returns
- Map of desired area and Location
- Work program for the forest operations
- Project brief plan
- Executed form II
- Adequate financial competence of the applicant.
- The original and two copies of the application to the Commissioner National forest Authority.
- Proof of payment of and of deposit for cost of experts
Office Locations & Contacts
Applicants should be persons intending to undertake a project or activity in forest business in Uganda.
- (a).Registration Fee 500,000 Ugx
- (b).Forest rent 50,000 Ugx per km2 per annum
Valid for 1 year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 30 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Forest tree planting Act states that no person shall, without being granted a license, grow, work, cut, take or remove any forest produce from a forest reserve or community forest.
A person who intends to obtain a forest tree planting /cut/grow/remove/take Licence shall submit.
- Name, address and nationality of the applicant.
- In case of a body corporate, the corporate name, registered office address and country where it is incorporated.
- Names, addresses and qualifications of potential principle contractors and supervisors to be employed for the project.
- Description and location of the forest project, amount of investment capital, skills to be used, site and construction plans.
- The estimated date of completion of the project.
- Environmental project brief or environmental impact statement in the form and with the information prescribed by the Environment (Environment Impact 4 Assessment) for further processing.
- The description of safety programmes, equipment and plans for the protection of occupational health, industrial safety and environmental protection during regular construction operation as well as contingency plans for accidents, natural disasters and emergencies;
- A Tax Identification Number for new investors and tax clearance certificate for existing companies.
Need for the Document
- For the purpose of carrying out forest Reserve, the National Forestry Authority or any responsible licensing body, should provide guidelines and training to the community,as the law provides.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.