Uganda - Apply for License for Transportation and Storage of Waste
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
An application for a License for transportation and storage waste shall submit to the Directorate of Water Resources Management the following
- Before engaging in any storage and waste transport activities, the applicant must contact Directorate of Water Resources Management in the Ministry water and Environment to determine whether the applicant has adequate and appropriate facilities and equipment to transport or store waste on his or her premises without causing significant damage to public health and the environment.
- The applicant before receiving storage and waste Transportation Licence you must fulfill the following conditions of licensing by the Ministry of water and Environment in Uganda.
- Fill out an application form I set if the applicant is intending to transport waste and form III set if the applicant is intending to store waste which can be obtained from their offices.
- On the application form indicate the type and number of vehicles to be used.
- On the form mention the particulars, type(s) and numbers of vehicles to be used.
- Indicate the particulars of the storage facilities, intended location of the waste and the proposed methods of disposal or storage are in accordance with sound environmental criteria and the capacity of every vehicle.
- Fill out the District Environment Officer of the district in which the waste is intended to be disposed of or stored.
- On the form show the places between which the vehicle are intended to make stopover and the services to be provided by the Vehicle.
- The application should be accompanied by the appropriate fees prescribed on the application form.
- The applicant if is intending to move waste from one district for disposal or storage in another district, shall, before applying for a Licence under this regulation, notify, in writing, the District Environment Officers of the district from which he or she intends to move the waste and the district to which he or she intends to move the waste.
- The District Environment Officer of the district in which the waste is intended to be disposed of or stored shall, if satisfied –
- Shall request the applicant to show the intended location of the waste and the proposed methods of disposal or storage if are in accordance with sound environmental criteria; and
- shall make sure that the requirements of the Act and these Regulations have been complied with, recommend the applicant to the Authority for consideration of the grant of a Licence under these Regulations.
- Submit the completed form together with all other required documents (see list below) to the Directorate of water resource management.
- Applications should be submitted at least three weeks before scheduled Authority meeting.
- The Authority shall investigate to prove that the applicant has adequate and appropriate facilities and equipment to transport or store waste on his or her premises without causing significant damage to public health and the environment.
- The authority if satisfied shall published its intention to issue the Licence by notice in the Gazette, and in one or more local newspapers of daily circulation in Uganda thirty days before the issue of the Licence.
- The Authority may issue a Licence for transportation of waste or for storage of waste under this regulation, with the prior approval or direction of Minister. Granting the applicant an exclusive Licence authorizing that person to transport or store waste between such places as the Authority may decide.
Note: An environmental inspector may, at any time, subject the persons involved in the collection, transportation or storage of waste to a medical check-up and the costs of the examination shall be borne by the licensee.
- Application forms completed in detail, including a detailed business plan (guidelines provided above).
- Certified copy of the Certificate of Incorporation and/or a copy of the Certificate of Registration of the business trading name, together with certified copies of share certificates.
- The type(s) and Number of Storage/vehicles to be used, particulars of the location, District and Storage/Vehicle capacity of every such vehicle, total storage number of premises, places between which the vehicle are intended to be making stopover and the service to be provided by the applicant.
- Valid tax clearance certificates, inspection reports, and public and passenger liability insurance and renewal fees are required annually.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Water and Environment
Directorate of Water Resources Management,
Phone: +256 – 414 - 699486
Physical Address: Plot 12 Mpigi Road, Entebbe
Postal Address: P.O. Box 19 Entebbe
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Website: Ministry of water and environment
Operating Hours: Moday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
- Any person or company intending to transport waste or store waste in Uganda.
- Any personnel involved in the collection, transportation or storage of waste are provided with
- With adequate protective and safety clothing;
- with adequate appropriate equipment or facilities for loading the waste;
- With safe and secure sitting facilities in the vehicles used for transporting waste; and
- With proper training and information.
Licence fees UGX 528,201.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Maximum Processing time 90 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
A person who
- (a) operates or owns a waste disposal site without a Licence commits an offence;
- (b) discharges waste onto a site or plant which is unlicensed, commits an offence.
- A person who transports waste or stores waste on his or her premises without a Licence issued under the Regulations commits an offence.
- A person granted a Licence to transport waste shall ensure that –
- (a) the collection and transportation of waste is conducted in a manner that will not cause scattering of the waste;
- (b) the vehicles, pipelines and equipment for the transportation of waste are in such a state as not to cause the scattering of, or the flowing out of the waste or the emitting of noxious smells from the waste;
- (c) the vehicles for transportation and other means conveyance of waste follow the approved scheduled routes from the point of collection to the disposal site or plant;
Attach all the necessary information on the application form and these include.
- Vehicle particulars
- Official collection centers
- Name of disposal site
- Type of Vehicle
- Number of personnel involved in collection.
- Gross Tonnage
- Net Tonnage
- Approved Scheduled routes.
- Length in meters of pipelines and equipment for the transportation of waste
- Breadth in meters of pipelines and equipment for the transportation of waste
- Max Draught
- Name and Address of district where to dispose waste
- Material to emitting bad noxious smells from the waste;
- Disposal sites or plant
- protective and safety clothing;
- Full Name
- Number of shares in project
- Nationality/Place of Incorporation
- Nature of Interest e.g. Sole Ownership/Joint Ownership/ Ownership in Severalty
Equity of owning corporation
- Name of Corporation
- Paid-up Capital
- Legal Equity
- Foreign Equity
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- A person licensed to transport or store waste shall ensure that all employees involved in the collection, transportation or storage of waste undergo such medical check-up as may be commensurate to the risks faced by the employees and, on completion of the check-up, the licensee shall submit a medical report of fitness in respect of each employee to the Authority.
- An environmental inspector may, at any time, subject the persons involved in the collection, transportation or storage of waste to a medical check-up and the costs of the examination shall be borne by the licensee.
- The vehicles used for transportation, or other means of conveyance, and the premises for storage of wastes shall be labelled in such a manner as may be directed by the Authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.