Uganda - Apply for Licence of premises to process or sale Fish
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for permission to engage in fishing activities or sale fish in Uganda,an applicant has to make the application in writing to the Commissioner for fisheries in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the chief fisheries officer.
- A commercial fish farmer, fisherman, fish transporter or fish monger shall apply for a fish Licence to the Ministry of Agriculture animal industries and Fisheries in the form prescribed.
- No premises shall be used for processing or selling fish and fish products unless the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industries and Fisheries has licensed the premises in the form prescribed.
- The applicant should then fill in the required details and submits the application form with the required documents. Details of the required documents can be obtained from the ’’ Required Documents’’ of this page.
- Some of the details that are required include the following.
- the particulars and description of the premises in respect of fish sale to be made
- state in sufficient details-
- the method to be employed in marketing the fish; and
- the area within which it is proposed to operate fish sale
- be accompanied by such fee as the Commissioner may prescribe.
- The Commissioner may, before considering an application require the applicant-
- to satisfy him
- that the premise to process Fish is properly constructed and equipped.
- that the form and construction of the premises to process Fish and other equipment intended for use in fish sale are adequate for the purpose of the fishing operation;
- to supply such other information as he may require to enable him to reach a decision on the application.
- to satisfy him
- Pay the appropriate required fees and submit the receipt to the commissioner of fisheries.
- Upon processing, the applicant will be issued with the premises process fish Permit.
- A National Identification Card.
- Fishing licence
- Craft details
- hunting pass
- Good details of the construction, situation, lighting, ventilation,drainage, sanitary accommodation and state of repair of the premises shall be maintained in good
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Department of Fisheries Resources
Plot 29, Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 4 Entebbe
- All Foreigners and Resident of Uganda with a Fishing pass or license are Eligible.
- Foreigner tourist must have a tourist visa
Licence fees 60,000 for engaging in fishing activities
A licence issued under this ordinance is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Processing takes 3 months to Six Months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- A Licence of premises to process or sale fish shall not be transferable.
- A licensee of premises shall ensure that no cellar or basement of the premises is used for the purposes of processing or selling fish.
- A licensee of premises shall ensure that fish is sold from a reasonable distance to be determined by the Authority.
- A licensee of premises shall, without delay, inform a medical officer of health of the occurrence or suspected occurrence of any infectious disease among any of his or her employees and the licensee shall comply with any directions which the medical officer of health may give for the purpose of controlling the spread of any such disease.
- A Person shall not keep a live animal or a bird on any premises used for Processing or selling of fish.
- The premises shall not be used for any other trade or process without the written approval of the Council
- A licensee of premises shall fix and at all times maintain his or her Licence in a conspicuous place on the premises.
- Full name of the owner
- Age and sex
- Information on the purpose of the Application
- Company Name
- BMU recommendation
- Photograph and copy of any identification
- Information on fishing activity applied for
- Information on fishing activity applied for
- Information on boat building
- Information on fish transportation
- Information on fish processing
- Information on type of fish species.
- Information on health certificate for activity.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
A licensee of premises for processing or selling fish shall—
- Observe all due cleanliness to the satisfaction of the Council in regard to his or her premises and all articles, apparatus and utensils kept on the premises;
- Because the inside walls and ceiling of the premises to be surfaced as may be approved by the Authority and to be treated with lime-wash or other suitable material approved by the Authority and thereafter to be resurfaced and treated at such intervals as determined by the Council for the purpose of maintaining cleanliness and minimizing the risk of contamination of any fish kept on the premises;
- not suffer, or cause to suffer, any refuse, filth, fish by-products or fish trimmings not intended for sale to be deposited or accumulated on the premises except in special receptacles provided for that purpose;
- Not permit any gut scraping, tripe cleaning or domestic washing to be carried on the premises;
- Take all necessary precautions to guard against the fish kept on the premises from getting contaminated by flies or other contaminants by using methods approved by the Authority.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.