Uganda - Apply for Invalidity Benefits
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
An Invalidity Benefit is one that is paid to a contributing member who has lost his/ her earning capacity due to physical or mental incapacitation.
- Complete the application for Invalidity Benefit application form and return it to the NSSF Office most convenient to you. There, customer service representatives will accept your claim for processing.
- You must provide the required documents for your application to be completed.
- Include the following documents
- Disengagement letter OR Termination OR End of Contract letter OR Introduction letter from the last Employer or Local Council.
- Clinical notes or documents indicating history of illness (The client may be required to see the Fund Doctor
- Certified High court order appointing Manager for Estate of Persons of Unsound mind.
- Include the following documents
Note:Any person who makes a false statement or who produces or furnishes any information which he/she knows to be false in a material particular is guilty of an offense and may be liable to a fine or imprisonment or both.
- Current passport size photograph
- Personal Identification e.g. photocopy of Identity Card, Voters Card, Driving Permit, Passport, Financial Card, National Identity Card
- Proof of Bank Account details e.g. Bank slip, Bank Statement
- Present original documents when submitting claim for comparison with copies
- Medical Certificate from director of medical services
- Completed application form
Office Locations & Contacts
National Social Security Fund (NSSF)
- CUSTOMER SERVICE CENTRE
- Plot 1 Pilkington Road, Workers House, Ground Floor
- P.O Box 7140, Kampala, Uganda
- Tel: +256 0313 331755,
- Toll Free: 0800286773
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Website:National Social security Fund
- Facebook:NSSF Uganda in facebook
- Twitter:NSSF Uganda in Twitter
BRANCH OFFICERS OF NSSF
Minister of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
- 2 - 12 Sir Apollo Kaggwa Road
- Finance Building
- Nakasero, Kampala 8147
- Fax: +256041-4230162
- For mentally or physically challenged citizens
- No age limit
- Free of charge
- Valid for specific period of time.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Maximum processing time is 5 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- A member is entitled to invalidity pension if he/she suffers physical or mental disability of a permanent nature as certified by a medical board established under the Act and has made at least 36 monthly contributions immediately preceding the date of invalidity.
- Location Where Service Is Provided: Any NSSF Office or NSSF Head office.
- National identity card number
- Full names
- Uganda Revenue authority PIN
- Place of employment
- Address of employer
- Date of birth
- Physical address of applicant
- Details of next of Kin (Name and ID number or Birth Certificate)
- NSSF Number
- Full account holder’
- Name of the Bank,Branch,and Bank Account Number
- Beneficiary Surname.
- Beneficiary other Names and Relationship with the Deceased.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- Invalidity benefit is a social security benefit payable to those who are incapable of work because of illness or disability.
- Invalidity Benefit is paid to an insured person who is medically certified as an invalid and who has made the required number of contributions to the system.
- An invalid is a person who is likely to remain incapable of working for a period of not less than 12 months as a result of a specific disease or bodily or mental disablement.
- Invalidity Pension is a payment for insured people who are permanently incapable of work because of an illness or incapacity. To qualify you must:
- Have been incapable of work for at least 12 months and be likely to be incapable of work for at least another 12 months (you will probably have been getting Illness Benefit or Disability Allowance during that time), or
- Be permanently incapable of work (in certain cases of very serious illness or disability, you can transfer directly from another social welfare payment or from your job to Invalidity Pension).
- A deciding officer of the National Social Security Fund will examine your claim and determine your entitlement based on the qualifying conditions outlined above.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
- National Social Security Fund Act provides for invalidity benefit in the case of occupational accident resulting into permanent total invalidity for any work that he or she was able to perform before the disability began or permanent partial invalidity that prevents the worker from earning a reasonable living.
- A lump sum of total employee and employer contributions plus interest is paid in the case of permanent disability.