Uganda - Apply for Industrial License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Licence or Permit for industrial Licence can be obtained from industrial Licensing Board under the Ministry of trade industry and cooperatives.
- Fill up the appropriate application form as described by the industrial Licensing Board.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee.
- The Licensing board may attach more conditions to the Licence being transferred or vary the existing conditions.
- The licensing Board shall specify the specific respect of which the Licence is granted.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the Nursing Officer in charge of Nurse and Midwife council.
- The secretary shall, by way of a notice in the Gazette, and in a newspaper circulating in the locality publish every application for a new Licence.
- The licensing officer shall verify any factory in relation to the availability of power, fuel, labour, transport, raw materials, land and water before the Licence is granted.
- Once all the document are verified on the request for a new license, the applicant will receive an SMS notification to collect the Licence.
- Collect your Industrial Licence certificate from where your application was submitted within 30 days from the date the application was received at Ministry of Trade industry and cooperative in case there is no rejection.
- The capital and technical skill available to the applicant.
- The general promotion and orderly development of industries and prevention of uneconomic competition.
- The interests and conditions of service of the labour employed or to be employed by the applicant.
- The interests of the potential consumers of the scheduled article.
- The potential production of and the potential demand for, the articles insofar as, in the opinion of the board, the production and demand are likely to affect the undertaking in respect of which application is made.
- The siting of any factory in relation to the availability of power, fuel, labour, transport, raw materials, land and water.
- Application form for an Industrial License.
- The applicant or his authorized representative must sign every page duly filled by them from the application form.
- An authorization letter containing the name of authorized person with a copy from his ID Card .
- Copy of the ID card of the Applicant & his partners.
- Filling industrial projects environmental application form.
- Reserve a name for the industrial project from the Ministry of Trade
Office Locations & Contacts
Industrial Licensing Board
Physical Address: Plot 6/8,
Tel: +256-414 314 268/0414 314 000
Postal Address: P.O. Box 7103 Kampala, Uganda
Email Address: info.trade.go.ug Email this Agency
- Any person is eligible to make an application to start industry project in Uganda.
- This application allows a person to operate industrial project in Uganda.
- In Uganda no person shall, operate industrial project unless authorized by the Industrial Licensing Board in Uganda.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- The validity period is one year.
- A Licence issued under this section shall unless earlier revoked or cancelled, it shall expire on the 31st December of every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing 30 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Subject to the Act, no person shall—
- (a) Manufacture for sale any scheduled article; or
- (b) Erect, establish or operate any factory for the manufacture for sale of any items, unless he or she is in possession of a Licence granted for that purpose by the board.
- This kind of Act shall not apply to a cottage industry in respect of any scheduled article.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Companies and individuals who wish to start an industrial project in Uganda must first apply for an Industrial License through the Ministry of Trade industry and cooperatives.
- Purpose of this document is to control the establishment of industries.
Information which might help
Any person who—
- (a) Contravenes section 5 of the company Act;
- (b) Fails to comply with any of the conditions attached to his or her licence; or
- (c) knowingly gives to the board—
- (i) False information during an inquiry in order to obtain a licence; or
- (ii) A false certificate under section 8, commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a fine not exceeding one thousand shillings for each day the contravention, failure or commission of the offence continues or to a term of imprisonment not exceeding two years
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.