Uganda - Apply for Goods Operators Vehicles or OTV License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Vid;eos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to apply
In person application
- Gather all the required documents and the recommended licences fee and visit the Uganda Revenue Authority branch office near you ,under the section department of licensing
- Approach the service desk and request for the application form, fill it accurately and submit the filled form to the attending officer who will verify and process your document
- You will be issue with the acknowledgement payment receipt head to the designated bank and make the payment
- If all the information are in order, You will be issued with the licences upon payment of the licences fee within 2 working days
- Visit the URA web portal and Login to your TIN account using TIN and password. Under e-services, Point on Motor Vehicles registration then select Owner's Transport Vehicle applications from the extended menu.
- Open OTV Details Page fill in all mandatory fields, select the attachments and proceed to the payment registration page and select the payment head and subhead and click add.
- Select bank and mode of payment and submit.
- Upon submission, you will get an e-acknowledgment receipt. Scroll down the page to print the receipt, print the form and payment slip. Make payments in the selected bank and submit application to Licensing office for approval with attachments.
- If all the information are in order you will be issued with the licence within 2 working days
- For registered companies, copies of a Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association should be submitted to the Board for record purposes.
- Log book
- Other form of proof of ownership if log book does not bear applicants name (Lease agreement from financier of investment).
- Payment of a tax clearance fee of Ugx.20,000 prior to application
- The Driver has to be formally cleared by police inspectorate of vehicles, Naguru.
- Valid Third Party Insurance Certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Works and Transport
Head Office Tel: +256 414320101
Physical Address: Old Port Bell Road Postal
Address: P.O. Box 10 Kampala, Uganda City: National
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Email this Agency Website: works
Operating Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (excluding weekends and public holidays)
Directions: View Directions
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) offices
- All motorist operating the goods operator’s vehicle, / OTV industry in Uganda
- Class ‘G’ licences goods
- Up to 5 tons , 300,000
- Exceeding 5 and up to 10 ton , 400,000
- Exceeding 10 tons and up to 30 ton , 600,000
- Exceeding 30 tons , 700,000
- The licences is valid for one year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Within 2 hours
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name of the applicant
- Name of the company
- Operating premises location of the company
- Postal/Email address/phone number of the company
- Weight of goods to be carried
- Vehicle registration number
Need for the Document
- This is a process where employers apply to the Transport Licensing Board to be granted permission to transport their employees or agents on specified vehicles owned by them to and from their work places on the Uganda revenue authority (URA)
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.