Uganda - Apply for Fruit and Vegetable Export Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Step by step procedure
- Register with the Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
- Register with an Exporter Association and undergo orientation and pre-checks by the Association. Upon successful completion, the Association should forward your request in writing to the Ministry. Here, the request should be copied to the FFV Exporter Apex body, MAAIF and the Ministry of Trade to Uganda Export Promotion Board (UEPB) for training in export readiness.
- Undergo an export readiness test with Uganda Export Promotion Board, in areas of Market Knowledge, Product Knowledge, Production Control Knowledge, Quality control, Export Communication, general knowledge on SPS.
- On successful completion of stage 3, you should receive a NO OBJECTION from Uganda Export Promotion Board and then submit an application to the Commissioner for Crop Inspection and Certification, including a request for audit of your pack house and production / out grower scheme.
- Before audit and inspection by Crop Inspection and production department, you should prove with evidence, previous successful orientations at stage 1 to 3 and submit an application with attachments to Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries.
- Applicants for registration for export are required to prove ownership/hired/rented/shared pack house, before commencement of Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industries and Fisheries audit.
- Applicants for registration for export are also required to show proof of either own nucleus farm or and have contracted farmers.
- Other requirements include a TIN Number from the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA), REX numbers for EU Exporters
- As an applicant, you should also demonstrate capacity to transport produce hygienically without contamination
- On successful review of application by the Commissioner, approval for audit shall be granted.
- The audit shall take a period commensurate to the number and how far the out growers and pack house are located.
- On completion of the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industries and Fisheries audit, the Inspection team shall submit the report to the Commissioner within 24 hours after audit for official recommendations. A copy shall be submitted also to the export company.
- Upon successful recommendation from the Commissioner for Crop Inspection and Certification,the Applicant can then be issued a Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industries and Fisheries registration number as an FFV exporter that shall be always stamped on each cargo box before export as part of traceability requirements.
- After fulfilling all the necessary steps a fruit and Vegetable Licence will be issued
Note: A trader wishing to export fresh or dry produce must register with the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries (MAAIF) to obtain an exporter number and for issuance of phytosanitary certificates.
- TIN Number from the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
- REX numbers for EU Exporters
- Proof of either own nucleus farm
- Proof & capacity to transport fruits and Vegetables Hygienically
- Proof to produce Fruits and Vegetables hygienically without contamination
- Report of NO OBJECTION from Uganda Export Promotion Board.
- Audited report from your pack house and production / out grower scheme.
- Report on export readiness test with Uganda Export Promotion Board, in areas of Market Knowledge
- Prove of ownership/hired/rented/shared pack house.
- phytosanitary certificates
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Department of Crop inspection and certification.
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +Tel: +256 414 320 004 /256-414-322026
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com
Website: http://agriculture.go.ug/directorate of fisheries resources
Uganda Export Promotion Board
2nd Floor, UEDCL Tower Plot 37,
P. O. Box 5045 Kampala - Uganda.
Phone: +256 (0)414 230250
Ministry of Trade industries and Cooperatives
Plot 6/8, Parliamentary Avenue
P.O. Box 7103 Kampala
Tel: +256-312 324 000 | +256 312 324 268
Uganda Registration Services Bureau
Plot 5 George Street, Georgian House, Kampala
P.O.Box 6848 Kampala Uganda
Tel: +256 414 233 21/256 417 338 100
URSB Fax: +256 414 250 712
All individuals and agencies dealing in Fruits and Vegetable Export activities in Uganda are eligible for this Licence.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
A Licence issued under this Act is valid for one year and expire on 31 December.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing takes 3 months to Six Months.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Traders are required to have a phytosanitary certificate for every consignment of fresh and dry produce that is for export.
- This certificate states that the consignment is free of any regulated pests and disease and conforms to the requirements of the importing country. It is issued by Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.
- Full name of owner
- Age and sex.
- Purpose of the application.
- Company name.
- Uganda Export Promotion Board recommendation.
- Photograph and copy of any identification.
- Name of Authorized Licensing Officer.
- Nationality /No./Passport No
- Mailing Address
- Telephone No.
- Business Location: Name of Building/Place
- Details of Vegetable truck carrier
- Proposed farming Methods Used
- Declaration form
- Copy of annual return
Need for the Document
This permit allows persons to Export fruits and vegetables into outside Countries.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.