Uganda - Apply for Fishing Vessel License (Swamps, Rivers and Dams)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for fishing Vessel Licence or Permit the applicant has to contact the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and Fisheries department of Fisheries resources.
- The Completed application forms should be submitted along with appropriate documents as prescribed by chief fisheries office.
- The next step is the inspector officer from the Ministry of Agriculture to inspect the Swaps,Rivers and dam before the permit is approved. The Legal fishing gears and appliances must be inspected before the Authority approves the application.
- If applicant is successful on the inspection steps, the applicant will be issued with bank slips to pay appropriate License fees in bank as prescribed by the chief fisheries officer.
- Once the application is submitted with appropriate fees the application is processed and the Fish vessel licence (Swaps River and dam) is granted.
- Be a registered member of a BMU.
- Legal fishing gears and appliances.
- Proof of proprietorship, partnership or association of persons
- National identity cards
- National tax number
- Certified copy of memorandum and articles of association
- certificate of incorporation
- Certificate of commencement of business
- List of directors
- An original copy of the ownership deed or documents
- Builders certificate
- A certified transcript of its former registry or similar other document showing the previous ownership and the bill of sale
- A copy of the full term Tonnage certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Applicant to be eligible should be engaging in Fish Vessel activity in order to be issued with this licence.
Application Fees: 10,000 Ugshs.
License Fee: 25,000 Ugshs.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 2days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of ship.
- Time and place of purchase;
- Name of master;
- Best particulars in respect of tonnage, building and description of the ship;
- Bill of sale;
- Deletion certificate;
- Evidence of P&I (protection and Indemnity)insurance cover of the vessel ;
- Curving and marking sign of the vessel;
- Certificate of Tonnage measurement;
- Application for approval of vessels name; and
- International tonnage certificate.
- Name and address of Ship managers;
- Condition survey report and tonnage measurement certificate;
- Certificate of carving and marking note of the ship;
- Call sign certificate;
- Load line certificate;
- Evidence of ability or experience of the purchasers to operate and maintain ship; and
- Log book of the vessel.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.