Uganda - Apply for Fishing Vessel Building Licence (Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Any person intending to engage in the business of building fishing vessel shall submit an application to the chief fisheries officer in the prescribed form accompanied with application form of 10,000 Ugshs. Nonrefundable.
- The chief fisheries officer may stipulate the required conditions for building fish vessels has he/she may think fit. The officer may Cary out a feasibility study to check the Vessel market and business conditions and ascertain if they can meet the Fish vessel building requirements.
- Then Fill the form and return the same to the directorate of fisheries under the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and fisheries. It is important to give information that will satisfy the Chief fisheries officer that the applicant can meet the relevant license/permit condition and has the technical and financial capability to comply with the terms and conditions of the license/permit.
- Before an application is accepted it must fulfill certain requirements specified by the Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and fisheries and this must be attached on the application form.
- The next step for the applicant is to attach the necessary documents on the application form and on this stage they need to furnish the directorate of fisheries with sufficient information to enable the chief fisheries officer to make a full assessment of the suitability of the Applicant to hold the Licence/permit.The following information is required.
- the legal and financial status of the applicant;
- a technical and economic description of the Fish vessel building business;
- Description of how the Fish vessel building business fit in with the existing and planned programs of the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
- the planned time of commencement of the Fish vessel building business;
- the impact of the business on public interest and possible mitigation;
- the results and reports of assessments, including environmental impact assessments, and any other studies carried out ;the potential impacts of the fish vessel building business on private interests , including other rights holders; and all relevant consents and permits required under any other law.
- The applicant must send a final application to Directorate of fisheries, and another copy to Ministry of trade, industry and cooperate accompanied by such fee as may be prescribed under Water (licensing Vessel) Grading vessel fees) Instrument,2010. Any person intending to apply for Licence /permit to engage in fish vessel building Business shall duly comply with the conditions and requirements laid down by the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
- Then submit a completed application form along with the relevant documents and the processing fees to the directorate of fisheries indicating clearly that the primary business is to engage in Fish Vessel Building business.
- The Chief fisheries officer then grants the license to the applicant and the license may be for a period not exceeding 12 months
- Be 18 years and above.
- Be a BMU registered member.
- The legal and financial status of the applicant.
- a technical and economic description of the Fish vessel building business
- Description of how the Fish vessel building business fit in with the existing and planned programs
- the planned time of commencement of the Fish vessel building business
- Environmental impact assessments.
- Clearance from Ministry of Trade, Industry and Cooperatives for non-nationals.
- Clearance from Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries for -nationals.
- For new business - original certificate of registration (Business name) OR certificate of incorporation (Company) –
- Clearance from Uganda Registration Services Bureau.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Applicant to be eligible should be engaging in Fish Vessel Building activity in order to be issued with this licence.
- Application Fees: 10,000 Ugshs
- License Fee: 50,000 Ugshs
- Renewal fee: 50,000 Ugshs
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 2 Days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Full name of owner
- Age and sex:
- Name of Beach Management Unit to host the vessel.
- Purpose of the application:
- Attach BMU recommendation
- Attach photograph and copy of any shareholders.
- Type of the vessel
- Length of the vessel
- Type and number of fishing appliances and building.
- Type of Assets and liabilities at the beach
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.