Uganda - Apply for Fishing Appliance Manufacture or Importation Licence (Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for a fishing appliance manufacture/import Licence under Fish Act Cap. 197 of 2010 is required to make it in a writing to the department of fisheries in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the Chief fisheries officer and shall contain the following:
- Contain the particulars and description of the appliance to manufacture/import in respect of which the application is made;
- state in sufficient details-
- the method to be employed in manufacturing/ importing the fish appliance; and
- the area within which it is proposed that the manufacturing is to take place;
- be accompanied by such fee as the Chief fisheries officer may prescribe.
- An application is made to the chief fisheries officer on form 18 obtainable from the Ministry Of Agriculture.
- The Chief Fisheries Officer may, before considering an application require the applicant-
- to satisfy him
- that the Manufacturing of the appliance is properly constructed and equipped.
- that the form and construction of the manufacturing appliance, fishing gear and other equipment intended for use in manufacture are adequate for the purpose of the intended operations;
- to supply such other information as he may require to enable him to reach a decision on the application.
- The form is available at a cost of shs.10,000 and there is no processing fees.
- to satisfy him
- Once the application is successfully processed and the authorities are happy with the documents submitted the Chief fisheries officer shall issue to a successful applicant a licence for the Manufacturing/ importation of fish appliances subject to such conditions as he may deem necessary.
- A licence issued under this Act shall be valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
- Where the manufacturing is to be operated in a body of water shared by two or more States, the owner or operator of the manufacturing appliance shall not be required to obtain more than one licence in a particular year.
- The holder of a licence under this Act shall, not later than one month before its expiration, apply to the Chief Fisheries officer for a licence to take effect from the expiry of the current licence.
- A valid passport
- Fishing import licence
- Appliance specification
- Tax pass and TIN number
- Appliance Details.
- Concept plan on the intended manufacturing business
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.(MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
- Be 18 years and above.
- Be a BMU registered member or dealers association.
- The Applicant Must posses Certificate of incorporation and Articles of association.
- Application Fees: 10,000 Ugshs
- License Fee: 1,000,000 Ugshs
- Renewal Fee: 1,000,000 Ugshs.
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Week
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The permit is not transferable
- The permit should be displayed in its original form
- The applicant should declare a record of units produced annually
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant:
- Certificate of Registration:
- Date of issue:
- Expiry date:
- Signature of licensing officer
- Name of the Licensing officer
- Official stamp/seal.
Need for the Document
Purpose of this document is to Control the production, sale and importation of fishing inputs and thereby regulate fishing capacity.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.