Uganda - Apply for Fish Veterinary Outlets License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- An application for a fish Veterinary outlets licence under the ordinance is required to make it in a writing to the Chief Fisheries officer in such form and manner as may be prescribed by the Chief Fisheries officer and shall contain the following:
- Contain the particulars and description of operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet in respect of which the application is made;
- State in sufficient details-
- The method to be employed in establishing the operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet; and
- The area within which the operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet are proposed to be operated;
- Be accompanied by such fee as the Chief Fisheries officer may prescribe.
- The Chief Fisheries officer may, before considering an application require the applicant-
- to satisfy him
- that the craft is properly constructed and equipped.
- that the form and establishment of the operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet and other equipment intended for use in fish veterinary outlet are adequate for the purpose of the fishing operation;
- to supply such other information as he may require to enable him to reach a decision on the application.
- When applying for the certification, the applicant has to mention the name and location of establishment, the type of fish chemical to be produced and sold, the species of fish, the type of other inputs (feed, drugs, chemicals).
- to satisfy him
Issuance and validity of license
- The Chief Fisheries officer shall issue to a successful applicant a licence for the operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet subject to such conditions as he may deem necessary.
- A licence issued under this Act shall be valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
- Where the operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet or establishment intending to engage in production for sale and distribution or importation of inputs including fish drugs and chemical for aquaculture use, shall be required to certify their products with the Department responsible for Fisheries Resources and Aquaculture.
- The holder of a licence under this Act shall, not later than one month before its expiration, apply to the Chief Fisheries Officer for a licence to take effect from the expiry of the current licence.
Identification mark on the operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet
- The owner or operator of a Fish Veterinary outlet shall exhibit the registration number in bold letters with a prefix reflecting the State of registration.
- A person who fails to exhibit a registration number on his Fish Veterinary outlet as required under the Law commits an offence and is liable on conviction or imprisonment for a term of three months or to both such fine and imprisonment.
- Fishing licence
- Fish Veterinary outlet details
- Permission from the Authority to establish a Veterinary outlet.
- Fish Veterinary equipment Details.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Fisheries Resources
P.Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Plot 16-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
Tel: +256 414 320 004 /256-414-322026
Email: [email protected]
Email: [email protected]
Website: http://agriculture.go.ug/directorate of fisheries resources
All Foreigners and Resident of Uganda with a Veterinary Fishing Background or license are Eligible.
Issuance of Fish Veterinary outlet licenses or permits is contingent upon the payment of a fee. Criteria to determine the amount of fees to be paid to the licensing authorities vary.
A licence issued under this Act is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Registration: After passing inspection, 5 working days
- Fish Veterinary outlet Licence: 28 working days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- The Fishing licence,
- The Fish Veterinary outlets equipment
- Information on Fish Veterinary outlet location ,
- Information on Fish Veterinary outlet establishment
- The transports and transfers during the Fishing period,
- Information on the type of fish veterinary outlet services
- Information on drugs feed chemical and other inputs
- Information on rule and regulation as well as all taxes for the Government.
- Packing and shipment of the chemical and drugs.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
- The Fishing statutory instrument, 2003 No.81 prevents anyone from establish a Fish Veterinary outlets without having obtained a Licence or permit issued by the Licensing Authority of the Fisheries Division. Fish veterinary outlets without a valid Licence will result in a penalty or summary conviction in a Court of Law.
- Fish Veterinary outlets are also required to be registered with the Fisheries Department under the Ministry of Agriculture, Animal industry and Fisheries. Following is a procedure on how you can apply for a fish veterinary outlet licence.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.