Uganda - Apply for Fish Sanitary Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants can apply any time within the financial year for Fish sanitary Certificate.
- Fish sanitary Certificate can be obtained from Ministry of Agriculture Animal industry and Fisheries.
- A person shall not place on the market or export out of Uganda a batch or consignment of fish or fish products without a fish sanitary certificate issued by a fish inspector in respect of the batch or consignment.
- Fill the application for Fish Sanitary certificate form and attach all the required documents as Prescribed by the directorate of fisheries under the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
- When filling the application form, make sure the information is correct and also indicate whether it is an application for a new license or renewal of a license.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee
- Before submitting your application, make sure you have fulfilled all the requirements as prescribed by the directorate of fisheries department.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip and other requirements to the competent Authority /Officer in charge of Fisheries.
- Pick your fish sanitary certificate from where your application was submitted within 2 days from the date the application was received at Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and fisheries in case there is no rejection.
- In case of Local fish sanitary certificate can be directly collected from Town clerk of the Municipality or Division/City Authority after procedures for obtaining the certificate are complete.
- A person shall not import a batch or consignment of fish or fish products into Uganda without a completed official sanitary health certificate issued by the competent authority of the exporting country, in respect of the batch or consignment.
- Import a batch or consignment of fish.
- Sanitary health certificate
- Application form
- Importing and exporting requirements.
- Consignment or batch
- Details of sanitary requirements
- Quality Management Programme report
- Packaging and labelling
- Approved laboratory tests
- Standard Specification for Labelling of Pre-packaged
- Establishment Approval Number and the traceability code.
- Quality Management Programme report.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries.(MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Website:Ministry Of Agriculture
Issuance of fish sanitary certificate is contingent upon the payment of a fee
The fees to be charged for a fish sanitary certificate in respect of each batch or consignment of fish shall be twenty thousand shillings. (20,000Ugshs).
A licence issued under this Act is valid for one year and expire on 31 December every year.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum processing time 2 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Information fish sanitary.
- Intended use of fish sanitary certificate.
- State of health of fish
- Information on required measure
- Information on fish production Facility ponds,
- Information on types of fish species
- Evidence of adherence to all the requirements,
- Number of species
- Original species
- Final destination
- Number of species
- Purpose for which the fish sanitary certificate is required
- The Fishing licence,
- The Fish equipment
- The transports during the Fish transfer period,
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.