Uganda - Apply for Fish Breeding Licence (Permit)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Every Institution organization or individual that intends to engage in fish breeding shall apply for permit through the Chief Fisheries Officer under the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and Fisheries.
- The Chief Fisheries Officer shall issue out a form B for the applicant intending to carry fish breeding in Uganda.
- Applicant for Fish breeding shall be subject to such conditions as may be prescribed by the Chief Fisheries Officer.
- Any applicant who wishes to engage or deal in fish breeding within the waters of Uganda must be registered member of a Beach management unit and must possession of a valid Fishing licence.
- An applicant authorized by the Chief Fisheries Officer to engage in Fish breed shall be advised on—
- compliance with fishing laws by while engaging in fish breeding activities;
- Fill up the appropriate application form B as described by the chief fisheries officer under the Ministry of agriculture animal industry and fisheries.
- After filling the form proceed to pay the prescribed fee as set by the chief fisheries officer.
- A Fish breeding permit shall be issued on payment of the fees set out in the ordinances of the Rules.
- Submit the dully filled in form attached with pay slip to the fisheries Officer in charge
- Once the application is successful, the Chief Fisheries Officer may grant the Fish breed permit.
- Where the Chief Fisheries Officer, refuses to grant a fish breeding permit he or she shall communicate in writing the reasons for refusal to grant.
- Establishment license.
- Type of fish species and source of genetic material.
- Concept plan on the intended business.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Directorate of Fisheries
Department of Aquaculture and Fisheries Resources
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website:Ministry of Agriculture
Applicant to be eligible should be engaging in fish breeding activities in order to be issued with this licence.
- Application Fees: 10,000 Ugshs
- License Fee: 500,000 Ugshs
- Renewal Fee: 500,000 Ugshs
Validity: 1 Year
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Maximum Processing Time: 1 Week
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of Establishment.
- Year of Incorporation
- Sub County
- Type of species.
- Source of species.
- Purpose of new breed
- Characteristics of intended breed
- Facilities in place.
- Previous experience in breeding.
- Purpose of new breed
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.