Uganda - Apply for Export and Import of Agriculture commodities
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- All applicants shall submit their application to the Commissioner, Department of Crop Inspection and Certification (DCIC), Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries (MAAIF), in writing.
- The applicant shall request for the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries for export registration number, inspection of his pack house, out growers or his farm.
- The application shall be submitted to the office of the Secretary to the Commissioner, in Namalere Offices.
- The application shall be written on company headed paper, with a working telephone number, an email, full post box and physical location, attached the documents as indicated in the requirements section below.
- If the applicant is successful with the above audit procedure, exporter shall undergo electronic registration and certification via the Ministry of Agriculture Animal Industry and Fisheries Portal.
Online (Electronic Registration)
This will be done as follows
- Open your browser window Firefox
- in your address bar type www.crop.agriculture.go.ug or /https://www.agriculture.go.ug/online-certification/
- On the Login Form, click New User to access the registration form (shown below)
- On the Registration form, chose either Individual or Company
- Fill in the details and click Submit
- Check your Mail for the message confirming that your Account has been created.
- Click on the Set a password button
- It will take you back to the home page, where you will set your password
- If successful, then you will get access to the System, using your email as the username and the password.
Note: The password should be more than 6 characters and should contain a letter, a digit and a character.
- Importers and exporters shall be able to view progress of issuance of the requested phytosanitary certificate or import permit respectively, which shall be issued upon submission of complete accurate applications of complying consignments as per the export and import conditions respectively.
- Upon receipt of the application, a system audit shall be conducted within 10 working days
- Export Promotion Board Certificate
- Company Registration Certificate
- Uganda Revenue Authority TIN,
- Copies of identification documents (National Identification/ Passport) of the Director(s)
- Signed contract (M.O.U) with the grower(s) (if any)
- Signed contract when sourcing from authorized exporter
- Signed agreement if you are packing from an authorized pack house other than yours
- Details of the physical location of farms, crops under production, acreage and market destination
- Copy of your label for your consignments (Company name, Full address and Signage- Produce of Uganda, Code marks)
- Upon receipt of the application, a system audit shall be conducted within 10 working days.
The audit scope will look at the following issues.
- Demonstration of understanding and documentary evidence of the market requirement by the auditee
- Audit of the documented policies for;
- Calibration of spray equipment and sprayers
- Farmer recruitment
- Pest management
- Safety and hygiene of produce handlers.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture, Animal Industry and Fisheries. (MAAIF)
Lugard Avenue Entebbe
P.O. Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Tel: +256 414 320 006
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of crop inspection and certification.
P.Box 102 Entebbe, Uganda
Plot 14-18 Lugard Avenue, Entebbe
Tel: +256 414 531 411 /256-414-567 368
- Any person aged 18 years and above and legally residing in the country can import or Export Agriculture products into the country.
- Any person who obtain a permission for importing/exporting Agriculture products in Uganda is eligible.
- Any person who has the import interest and meets the above requirements and is importing/exporting Agriculture products that does not fall in the restricted list.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Valid for 1 year
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing take 30 days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Familiarize yourself with the documentation and procedures required to successfully import/export Agriculture products under the Food Act into the country.
- Familiarize yourself with the procedures pertinent to the kind of Agriculture products you are importing/Exporting into the country.
- Make sure you have a trade license and import/Export License before you import/export Agriculture products.
- Prepare the necessary documents, mapping out different steps involved in the importation process.
- A clearing agent can help you process all the necessary documents.
- Import/Export declaration
- Content particulars of the Commodities
- Suppliers invoice
- Documented evidence carriage of Agriculture products/ Animal
- Customs value declaration
- Compliance information
- Good release order evidence
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
The farmers should follow the verification practices and documented policies and procedures as set by the Ministry of Agriculture animal industry and Fisheries which covers all farmers, contracted growers own farms and suppliers.
- The Guidelines for farmers looks at the following:-
- Schedule of planting, weeding, fertilizer or soil amendments applications and actual data obtained, scouting and actual data obtained, spray calibration and actual data obtained, spray operations, cleaning of crates, Plant protection equipment,
- Pest management systems
- Approved Plant Protection products
- Quality control management system including traceability system
- Competency of technical assistant on the ground with minimum of tertiary education on Horticulture/Agriculture or any related field.
- Trained sprayers
- Calibrated spray equipment
- Storage facilities
- Plant Protection product stores for farmers/group/suppliers and relevant records
- Plant Protection equipment and stores and relevant records kept
- Fertilizers or seed storage or relevant records kept
- Waste disposal mechanism that guarantee food, environment and human safety
- Compliance of produce handling, packing and transport facilities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.